[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone read Flannery O'Connor? My local library had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (1MB, 785x497px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
1MB, 785x497px
Has anyone read Flannery O'Connor? My local library had someone reading "A Good Man is Hard to Find" out loud last evening and I found it quite interesting. I thought about picking up "The Complete Stories" off of Amazon.
>>
>>8351764
Flannery O'Connor is one of the greatest American writers.
A Good Man is Hard to Find is very good. It's funny and yet incredibly dark.

Her Complete Stories is the way to go, her collection Everything that Rises Must Converge is GOAT, and her novel Wise Blood is great Southern Gothic, although not in our southern goth trilogy
>>
>>8351764

Flan Flan is /lit/'s queen mom. This has been established for many years.
>>
>>8351764
>I thought about picking up "The Complete Stories" off of Amazon.

just do it. she's one of the best short story writers ever.

>>8351805
I think wise blood is the best thing she's ever done...and this includes her short stories. it's her masterpiece.
>>
Flannery o'Conmnmor's face looks like a pug dog face
>>
>>8352197
This is true, and also her stories are dog shit, with the exception of A Good Man and The Geranium.
>>
>>8351764
Do it. Pick up her comics, too, if you see them.
>>
>>8352411
>her stories are dog shit

so post short story authors you think are better. I can't tell how big of an idiot you are without this information.
>>
>>8352411
wrong
>>
>>8352411
>Says the edgy contrarian
>>
>has /lit/ read flannery o'connor
gee idk
>>
>>8352197
she joked about having a receding chin and a feral face
>>
>>8354672
Yes, a lot of anons recently picked her up.
>>
>>8355342
Nothing says feral like 50's women's glasses.
>>
>>8352197
She was hot in her 20s, this pic not so much.
>>
>>8355437
Lupus and the associated medications fucked her up
>>
>>8355809
I know she was sick for the most of her life, but nothing beyond that.
>>
A Good Man is objectively boring. Stop lying, OP. You're going to waste some poor NEET's valuble time.

Maybe it was thrilling back when people didn't kill each other in books.
>>
>>8355864
You didn't understand the story lmao
>>
>>8355864
>Maybe it was thrilling back when people didn't kill each other in books.
They've always killed each other in books. You remember the Iliad?
>>
File: DFW2.jpg (71KB, 761x750px)
DFW2.jpg
71KB, 761x750px
>>8355932

>the Iliad is a book
>>
>>8351764
she basically BTFOs the idea that women can't write
>>
>>8355984

But she writes like a man....so the theory still stands.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.