[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is The Bible the highest selling fantasy book OF ALL TIME?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: holy-bible-cover.jpg (1MB, 1540x2429px) Image search: [Google]
holy-bible-cover.jpg
1MB, 1540x2429px
is The Bible the highest selling fantasy book OF ALL TIME?

And I'm talking about only about one book, not the entire series like 7 books of harry potter or asoiaf saga. I really think it is. I mean, what other books sold more copies? I don't think Quran sold more copies. Opinions /lit/?
>>
>>8351433
>fantasy
Edgy
>>
>>8351433
Of course it has. Have you read the original King James Version?
> http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-Chapter-62/
Look at that English. It was polished, poetic, and easily accessible to every English speaker from the 17th Century onwards.

It's prose and stories kept children captivated when Pa would read a chapter after playing his fiddle in the evening as the fire in the hearth died down in their small, sod house out on the prairie.

The memories continued down the line and nearly everyone bought a copy at sometime in their life - what other book has been like that?
>>
It definitely has an Infinite Jest-tier read/purchased ratio
>>
>>8351451
>Fantasy is a genre of fiction that uses magic or other supernatural elements as a main plot element, theme, or setting

from the definition of fantasy.
all of these stuff can be found in the bible, so, I don't see how this is "edgy"
>>
How come all the art throughout all the middle ages is religious art? It's not because the church persecuted people and probably killed anyone who's ideas weren't christian :^) It's indeed very easy to see how a work of such character and integrity has survived throughout the ages, on the merit of it's ideas alone. Amen.
>>
>>8351573
xD
>>
I'm willing to bet that more people have been killed because of Christianity and Islam than any other idea or belief in the world. If you really believe in that book for your source of morality, when it's so full of contrived and misguided shit, you're a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>8351675
Power hungry men have been using ideologies and religions as a mask to take land and kill since the dawn of time. This doesn't make the bible a murderbook.

And so a 2000yo book has outdated notions on social customs. Did you expect that Jesus should've anticipated transgender toilets and a global network of angry virgins posting frogpictures?

There's a lot in the bible that still makes the bible worth reading in spite of the fucky religion attached to it.

(the Koran can get right fucked tho)
>>
>>8351739
>There's a lot in the bible that still makes the bible worth reading in spite of the fucky religion attached to it.
LOL
>>
The bible is a sci-fi novel.
>>
>>8351433
*tips*

xD
>>
/lit/ has literally become a subreddit at this point.
>>
>>8351433
>>8351573
a tip o'le fedore to thou me goodly gentlemister
>>
>>8352018
exodus when
>>
>>8352018
I dislike summerfags
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.