[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's that novel coming along, /lit/? Any publishers given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: katty.jpg (83KB, 806x960px) Image search: [Google]
katty.jpg
83KB, 806x960px
How's that novel coming along, /lit/?
Any publishers given you feedback yet?
>>
>>8351169
It's ok. Haven't submitted yet.
>>
>>8351181
What's it about, anon
Tell us more
>>
>>8351186
A man goes about his travels while battling between duty and want in a way that mirrors the seven deadly sins and ends with him accepting a hedonistic lifestyle is the best one.
>>
>>8351241
Sounds cool. What's the word count right now? And what window are you hoping for atm
>>
Haven't started yet. Told all my friends about it though, how great it's gonna be.
>>
File: -cries-.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
-cries-.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
>>8351268
I know this feel too well
>>
>>8351253
Few thousand. Just got out of the outlining phase.
>>
>>8351268

This. I told all the plebs on facebook I will teach them how real literature is made. I mean, how hard can it be lol. If I start in September, it should be ready for holiday markets.
>>
I sent one of my books to 4 publishers yesterday. Wish me luck!
>>
>>8351268
>friends
>>
Coming out sometime this year, and I'm safe from /lit/ because slavshit.
>>
>>8351580
Luck successfully wished
Go break a god damn leg anon
>>8351662
Tell us more about it
>>
>>8351548
>I mean, how hard can it be lol.
pretty sure this is ironic
>>8351548
>If I start in September,
you mean you didn't start yet?
>>8351548
>it should be ready for holiday markets
what if no one wants to publish it and you end up with your dick in your hands
>>
>>8351702
>pretty sure this is ironic

That's what your mom said, seeing you for the first time, champ.
>>
File: all these flavors.jpg (49KB, 569x569px) Image search: [Google]
all these flavors.jpg
49KB, 569x569px
>>8351707
>champ.
>>
Anyone use Scrivener? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know what the big deal is.
>>
>>8351966
Terrible design imo. FocusWriter is better.
>>
>>8352282
>>8351966
Do you guys use FinalDraft for your screenplays?
>>
>>8351966
It's not an essential for writing but it is helpful. >>8352282 doesn't know what he's talking about as they both have very different functions. FocusWriter is fine for writing simple drafts of short things, the point is that it just gives you a very blank screen with nothing else going on to, well, help you focus.
Scrivener can do something similar to that if you want, but more importantly it lets you arrange scenes and chapters and move your notes for them around very simply by clicking and dragging. You create a folder that is your story then it has as many subfolders or associated text files as you want it to have, each of which has a corkboard thing that you can arrange notes on, or drag them from one to the other. Plus it has all sorts of nifty other functions that you can use if you want; like you can type out a story in plaintext and it'll output it in the sort of format editors want to see (double spacing, the correct symbols indicating italics or bold or whatever you need).
>>
>>8351684
Genre fiction for a small but thirsty market, that's all you need to know to disregard it entirely.
I shall take the money and write something respectable next.
>>
>>8351169
No publisher would care about my work, on account of it not being good. That being said, one novel and novella done and for sale online, one even has a single positive review. In other words, it's going better than I anticipated.

Look out J.K. Rowling, I'm coming for you.
>>
Coming along well, haven't tried sending it to publishers, as mine is a SFF Novel and I live in New Zealand, so chances of a publisher picking it up here are zero to nil, Sci-fi/Fantasy doesn't sell in NZ. Going to self-publish instead.
>>
>>8351722
Man c'mon his post was obvious bait/shitposting/irony
>>
I can't write a cover letter to save my life, so I'm just self-publishing with Amazon and CreateSpace, who make it really fucking easy to get both an e-book and a real life physical copy. Like, all you gotta do is be semi-decent at formatting.

The advertising is where you get stuck.

It's kind of a vanity thing now anyway, because I know I'll never be picked up by one of the big publishing houses, and if I can make $10 on an e-book why not.
>>
>>8354690
Link? I might read it if the premise sounds decent.

I've got three good reviews and one two star one that just says "didn't finish."
>>
achoo
>>
>>8354730
The premise is part of the reason why it's not so good, its a fucking zombie story. Hard to get more cliche than that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011AZCGAK
>>
>>8354775
Yeah, I did werewolves. Not much better.

You're also in NZ?
>>
>>8354783
I am, living it large.
>>
>>8354727
There are guides online, anon. It's really not that hard. The hard part is selling yourself. You need to make sure the reader is very impressed
>>
What music do you listen to while writing?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.