[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Conquest of Happiness. is it self help garbage? or has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

The Conquest of Happiness.

is it self help garbage?

or has /literature/ approval?
>>
Fun fact: Wittgenstein hated that book and said it made him vomit.
>>
>>8347888
Fun Fact: who the fuck is Wittgenstein?
>>
How about reading it yourself?

Anyway,
>self help
>garbage
only if you sheepishly follow what those piles of crap say. Reading them as some sort of inspirational thing works pretty well, sometimes they've got decent practical tips in them too.
When I was moving, that KonMari thing helped a lot at acquiring a neat mindset for discarding old things and so on. Her way of folding clothes was neat, as well.
>>
never read it myself, but it gets thrown around as one of the few valuable "self-help" books
>>
>>8347903
Fun Fact: kys
>>
>>8347952
Fun fact: my dad did
>>
>>8347960
Fun Fact: it's your fault.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x746px
I've never read it, but it looks like it was published in the 1930s.

If you want something more updated I'd suggest the "Happiness Project". It includes lots of advice backed with research. I found it to be a fast read. There is a lot of flank about the writer; a rich relatively young married mom of NYC. I found her to be relatable and uplifting, but there are many that disagree.
>>
>>8347999
>There is a lot of flank about the writer; a rich relatively young married mom of NYC. I found her to be relatable and uplifting, but there are many that disagree.
Not OP, but doesn't sound too good. Most of my unhappiness was a direct or indirect result of my shitty financial situation.

The top 2 authors who helped against that were Henry Miller and Nietzsche. Thus, I will recommend those two for anyone struggling with unhappiness.
>>
>get used to being bored
Saved you the trouble m8. That's literally his whole thesis. But yes it's mostly self-help shite. Problems of Philosophy is a much better Pop Russell book.
>>
>>8348043
But I am so fucking bored. ALL I DO IS FAP.

fuck my life is boring as shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.