[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Requesting books about modern Islam and its troubles. Hopefully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Islam-Explained.jpg (14KB, 375x268px) Image search: [Google]
Islam-Explained.jpg
14KB, 375x268px
Requesting books about modern Islam and its troubles. Hopefully sarcastic stuff.
>>
Read Why I Am Not A Muslim by Ibn Warraq.

If you want fiction though, read Submission by Houllebecq.
>>
>>8344655
>thinking modern Islam has any trouble

Nice meme
>>
sam "circular reasoning" harris
>>
>>8344678
>Institute for the Secularisation of Islamic Society (ISIS)
>ISIS

HMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>8344697
What?
>>
>>8344655
Hypersphere
>>
related:
http://www.lacan.com/zizarchives.htm
>>
>>8344722
>A close reading of this passage makes it clear that Hegel's point is NOT that, in contrast to the vulgar empiricist mind which sees only urination, the proper speculative attitude has to choose insemination. The paradox is that the direct choice of insemination is the infallible way to miss it: it is not possible to choose directly the "true meaning", i.e. one HAS to begin by making the "wrong" choice (of urination)
>>
If you'd allow me to go on a little rant, I feel this way all the time, that's why I'm so interested in such a book. In a sort of vague way, I feel so many parallels in my life to the life that of Palestinian lives in occupied territory, just without the fear of being killed for my ethnicity. . I feel so depressed that I have to live among other kuffār, it seems to me like they're all empty minded fajarah whenever I look around, then I think about the superficiality and uselessness of all of the information that I'm able to process. I don't mean to sound conceited, even though I guess I am, I really believe that I don't know how to enjoy living in a world where I never fit in in the first place.
>>
>>8344849
lol is this real
>>
>>8344849
If you can't appreciate western free societies and the people who have created them with their ideologies and culture, then just move to some place in the middle east. I don't know why this solution is so hard to figure out. Not even trying to shit on you, you know what to do.
>>
>>8344828

>It is not an accident that the agents of such double masquerade are always women: while a man can only pretend to be a woman, only a woman can pretend to be a man who pretends to be a woman, as only a woman can pretend to be what she is (a woman).
>>
>>8344655
The Satanic Verses

obviously
>>
>>8344697
(you)
>>
>>8346106

It's a fucking novel

>muh Rushdie fatwah cleric boogeyman forewarning of the contemporary Clash of Civilizations
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.