[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hol up What's even the point of being a patrician e/lit/ist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1002498949419.gif (442KB, 441x270px) Image search: [Google]
1002498949419.gif
442KB, 441x270px
hol up
What's even the point of being a patrician e/lit/ist if you have no friends or gf to see your bookshelf or listen to your literary references?
Are you even a patrician if noone's there to see you ?
>>
flexxing at uni
>>
>why do you masturbate if no one can see you? What's the point of masturbating if you have no friends or a gf that can see the spunk coming out of your dick?
>>
/lit/ is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc.
Which part was too difficult to understand ?
Nobody gives a fuck about whats on your shelf
>>
>>8343536
actually i'm a public masturbator/exhibitionist
>>
>>8343523
If you don't have a line of females waiting to touch your penis in the hopes only absorbing some of your mighty intellect, or just rubbing it for luck on exams, you're not truly patrician.
>>
>>8343523
AYOOOOOOO HOL UP
>>
>>8343523
The enjoyment of art is an individual endeavour that can be occasionally shared with others. Having said that, to devoid yourself of art you enjoy because /lit/ doesn't allow you to enjoy it is rather sad.
>>
>>8343523
Don't seek validation through others anon. It is not the way
>>
>>8343658
but we exist only through the minds of others

camus said that
>>
>>8343523
Not a single friend or ex gf or lover gave a single fuck about what music, movies or books I like.
>>
>>8343523
>Are you even a patrician if noone's there to see you ?
Well, you see-
>hol up
Good thread.
>>
>>8343523
Probably not. But you can be educated and have an educated girlfriend who shares some of your interests and introduces you to others, as you do to her. That way you don't have to pretend you hate all popular culture, or give up on contemporary society.
I actually met my wife because we were both posing nude for a mutual friend who is an excellent artistic photographer. We met, discovered she was doing her masters' thesis on the same poet I had done mine on (T.S. Eliot), posed nude together, and exchanged phone numbers. Then I loaned her some of my books on Eliot and we went to a movie a few days later. Life can be pretty damn interesting if you stay flexible and know a diverse group of weird artists and scholars. Read and study whatever the heck you enjoy.
>>
>>8343984
you had shitty gfs and lovers
>>
>>8343984
Mine have cared, but it certainly wasn't why they were with me, even (especially) initially.
Realizing that your partner doesn't have to be into all the weird shit you are brings with it a massive quality-of-life increase.
>>
>>8343681
I know Camus' works are much shorter but reading Sartre's would help answer questions like this. You don't only exist through the eyes of others. We're each our own being-in-itselves that encounter each other and are so modified by the Look. Cherish your own independence and freedom.
>>
>>8343536
I choke my chicken on cam for $$$
>>
>>8345838
Yes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.