[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a nice (preferably illustrated) edition of the Cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Chaucer_ellesmere.jpg (48KB, 329x428px) Image search: [Google]
Chaucer_ellesmere.jpg
48KB, 329x428px
Is there a nice (preferably illustrated) edition of the Canterbury Tales which cintains both the Middle and Modern English versions of each verse? Sort of what you can find here (http://www.canterburytales.org/canterbury_tales.html) but as a physical book.
>>
I guess this board is completely useless when it comes to asking real questions. Guess I'll do what everyone else is doing and go masturbate to Pynchon or something.
>>
Just buy the Riverside Chaucer and read the original, you autist.
>>
>>8341637
I have the norton critical which is middle but each line has the words you might not know. Was enough to give me a lol at the millers tale.
>>
>>8341732
does it say vagina all spelled out :o
>>
My favorite part is when he thinks he's kissing his girlfriend's mouth, it turns out to be some guy's butthole.
>>
>>8341716
>reads ye olde english
>calls me an autist
kek
>>
>>8341948
It's not even old english, you fucking cunt. Besides, Chaucer ' s dialect is piss-easy to understand, and at the worst you'll have to Google a word.
>>
>>8341948
"Old English is literally like"

Oft him anhaga are gebideð,
metudes miltse, þeah þe he modcearig
geond lagulade longe sceolde
4 hreran mid hondum hrimcealde sæ
wadan wræclastas. Wyrd bið ful aræd!

Swa cwæð eardstapa, earfeþa gemyndig,
wraþra wælsleahta, winemæga hryre:
>>
>>8342208
Kek, fucked up parsing that slightly, but you get the idea.
>>
>>8341948
>"Old" English
>thinking learning a language is somehow a bad thing
>even though he asks for the ME text in the OP

Literrally end yourself, you waste of space.
>>
>>8341948
You can't be for real. Read that shit when I was 15 and it was general to infer the gist of it, only occasionally needed to search a word up
>>
>>8341948
>asks for a very specific recommendation but gets annoyed when it isn't answered in the next twenty minutes

I'd have called you an autist too, man.
>>
>>8341690
>I guess this board is completely useless when it comes to asking real questions. Guess I'll do what everyone else is doing and go masturbate to Pynchon or something.

No it's just not going to spoonfeed you shit you could find out on your own.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.