[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck lit, why is this book so hard to read? I've The Stranger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: poster_1984_lrg.jpg (47KB, 416x680px) Image search: [Google]
poster_1984_lrg.jpg
47KB, 416x680px
Fuck lit, why is this book so hard to read? I've The Stranger and that book was really easy, I read it in a day. Something about 1984 though, it just tires me out so much, I always get that feeling where I stop reading and I get caught up in my own thoughts, and I feel like I'm re-reading sentences over and over again and it takes a while for the sentences to really sink in. I have a feeling that it's because the book talks about stuff which isn't just average, every day stuff. It's very descriptive and the descriptions often don't match the stuff you'd usually think about and hear about, where as Camus just talks about a guy going through his every day life. The book is extremely difficult for me to pay attention to and I don't know why.
>>
>>8338600
I hate this board so much, because of stupid comments like this.
>>
>>8338599
I do not think the book is that difficult. I think the translation my mom bought me (in my native language) has Animal Farm before 1984, and I read them in that order. So I got used to how Orwell writes. I think it's just that the guy from 1984 looks at things around him and the one from The Stranger just looks at his own feelings.
>>
File: i_hug_that_feel.png (100KB, 600x553px)
i_hug_that_feel.png
100KB, 600x553px
>>8338599
I'm currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray and I'm having the same feel OP.
>>
File: dfw good sir.png (266KB, 475x430px) Image search: [Google]
dfw good sir.png
266KB, 475x430px
>mfw anon mentions a book their having trouble with and that i breezed through
>>
>>8338605
1/5
>>
I thought this book was utterly boring. Reading this again would be extremely painful.
>>
>>8340309
its a fairly short book
>>
> felt this way about the Iliad

I'm so sorry guys...I don't think Homer is for me
>>
>>8340443
Whatever. Reading isn't about proving yourself to some kind of faggots. That is what us egoists call spooks.

Go young one, find new books to read and I urge you to make them your property. Do not let the bad people make you fall for spooks.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 350x706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 350x706px
>>8338599
This only means that you have a short attention span. You aren't actually interested in reading, or gaining anything from the text.
>>
>>8340907
>You aren't actually interested in reading, or gaining anything from the text.
That's a pretty dumb fucking assumption. If I wasn't interested in reading, I wouldn't even be picking up the book, let alone getting something from the text. Seriously, what a dumb troll statement.
>>
>>8340264
>their
>>
>>8340921
You are hopeless.

>I have a feeling that it's because the book talks about stuff which isn't just average, every day stuff. It's very descriptive and the descriptions often don't match the stuff you'd usually think about and hear about

This book is commonly taught to high school seniors. If you cannot even begin to describe what sort of themes and subjects pertain to the book, I don't think you are an interested reader.
>>
>>8340190
More like the Picture of Dorian Gay lmao
>>
>>8340190
A lot of those 19th century zingers from Lord Henry are hard to comprehend without reading twice.
>>
File: Stirner02.jpg (22KB, 220x567px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner02.jpg
22KB, 220x567px
>>8340492
>us egoists
>>
>>8338599
I haven't read the stranger, but I hope you're trolling. I've read this book translated to Spanish (pretty good translation DESU), and some sections of it in English, and it was fairly easy to go through.

That being said, it completely destroyed my soul and any trace of faith in governments I might've had.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.