[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the GOAT children's book? What other /lit/-tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: The-WInd-in-the-Willows.jpg (223KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
The-WInd-in-the-Willows.jpg
223KB, 500x470px
Is this the GOAT children's book?
What other /lit/-tier kid's books come close?
>>
>>8338329
Gravity's Rainbow
>>
>>8338329
the little prince
howl's moving castle
the bfg (or almost anything roald dahl)

but wind in the willows is pretty awesome. reading it is like sitting on a riverbank enjoying a nice spring breeze. toad is such an ass though.
>>
>>8338329
Gnomes by Wil Huygen
And of course Alice In Wonderland
>>
>>8338329
A Wrinkle in Time
>>
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
>>
>>8338587

This one is scary
>>
>>8338329
As much as /lit/ hates it, Harry Potter was a fun series. Even when I was 12 and the last book came it still was fun to read.
>>
>>8338565
This guy got it right
>>
>>8338565
>howl's moving castle
I need to read that, even if I'm old af.
I watched Miyazaki's movie eight years ago and loved it.
>>
>>8338329
Animals Of Farthing Wood.

Well written, emotional rollercoaster of a book with likeable and hateable characters with themes that can arguable be worth thinking of as an adult.
>>
>>8338565
Toad is such an ass. He's such a great character though

>>8338587
Is that the one with the man with red eyes?

I would put Chronicles of Prydain on the list. Pretty standard fare, but very well written and the characters are actually pretty unique and well-realized. Just reread it about a year ago, and it held up.
>>
>>8338745
read it. I read it in my late 20s and I loved it. there is some cryptic shit in the movie (the end with the prince...what was his deal?) that is explained in the book.

>>8338817
I can still remember the wind the willows with the stop-motion animation. the movie is still fun...but the show is just too kid'ish. still, I love the fuck out of the show when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COijcjdLHgg
>>
>>8338852
me again...it's because of the book (and show) that I have a soft spot for wind in the willows. I re-read it every two or three years. it's super short and relaxing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.