[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I have read 10 pages in the last 10 days The Greeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: crying cute anime girl bed.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
crying cute anime girl bed.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>I have read 10 pages in the last 10 days

The Greeks aren't going well.
>>
>>8337464
Ensconce yourself in your room to hasten the reading and improve your focus on the tawdry Greek literature.

They feel like mental lacerations, but you must be obdurate. This torture cannot be reprieved. Once you've absolved yourself of this punishment, people will say "wow how creditable." Your life will be blatantly be better.
>>
>>8337464
>ACTUALLY reading the greeks
>anotheronebitesthememe.mp3
>>
File: 1469386818802.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1469386818802.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>8337486
>>
>>8337464
What are you reading that's going so slowly? The hardest stuff that takes the longest per page is usually among the more interesting (Platonic metaphysics comes to mind), and the less interesting stuff is usually pretty quick to read (minor drama, poetry).

If it's history, then maybe you're just not used to "nonfiction." It gets easier, to the point that modern nonfiction designed for readability seems really juvenile.
>>
>>8337464
Don't see reading as an endeavour to finish books. You won't get anywhere if you just speed way your way through Herodotus yet can't reproduce anything you have just read. Try to focus on understanding what you're reading. Usually this will make reading more fun. Don't see reading as an obstacle, or a chore, reading is hard work but don't forget it s also fun.
>>
>>8337638
>A brief history of Greece

Stuck at around page 280. I read the first 200 pages rather quickly, really enjoyed reading about the Spartans but now it's kind of a drag. Only 100 pages to go though.

Can't wait to finish with this and start with reading Bibliotheca of Pseudo Apollodorus.

>>8337667
Oh I already read slow and try to understand and memorize a lot, still 10 pages a day should be the minimum I read and not what I read in 10 days.
>>
>>8337684
Are you the guy who started the Apollodorus thread like a week ago?
>>
>>8337464
Quit being lazy. Literally open up Plato's Apology and read it from start to finish
>>
>>8337686
About what? I shitpost a lot but almost never start threads.
>>
I do 100 a day and I've finished 25 books in the past 5 months, some being as long for example as decameron or good soldier svejk.

I started with 50 pages a day taking 10 hours, my mind would wonder elsewhere.

I still go slow and get frustrated but it's working.
>>
>>8337689
It was about which edition of Apollodorus to buy. Whether or not that was you, I'm gonna have to disappoint you by saying that it's not a great read. If a 400 page history of ancient Greece isn't treating you well, Apollodorus is going to blow.

It's useful to read but is often like pulling teeth. Consider relegating it to a side project while committing more heavily to something with an actual narrative (Homer, one of the historians, drama, etc.) because Apollodorus is basically a 150 page collection of encyclopedia articles. There is no main story to follow, and even the longer narratives which do appear (like Heracles' labors) are informative but dry.
>>
>>8337698
How long do you read a day? 100 pages a day would take me quite literally 5 hours. I try to push myself to at least 2 hours reading a day but I don't have much self discipline, so I often take brakes like this 10 days long one.
>>
>>8337698
>good soldier svejk.
That's not really long and it's a very light read.

>>8337464
>>8337684
>A brief history of Greece
That is not 'the Greeks'. The actual Greeks are far more entertaining than a contemporary pop book on their history. You may skim in if it bogs you down and keeps you away from the real stuff.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.