[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ use to record and rate what you read? I see that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: lit.png (17KB, 1212x652px) Image search: [Google]
lit.png
17KB, 1212x652px
What does /lit/ use to record and rate what you read? I see that Goodreads is a thing, but I can't imagine that's what most of you use.

Basically, what's /lit/'s RYM or MAL?
>>
>>8337457
seeing the books on my shelf reminds me of my reading experience.
>>
>>8337480
only acceptable answer
>>
>>8337480
A bookshelf is great but doesn't same the same purpose as sites meant to record and rate.

Not to mention not everyone physically buys everything they read.
>>
Fuck what this board uses. If you think Goodreads is useful, use it. I have one (although I've since abandoned it) but I was thinking of going back to it because I've increased my reading rate and it would give me an excuse to write out my thoughts.

Failing that I might just make a spreadsheet. It serves the same purpose.
>>
>>8337512

Ur right anon. It doesn't same the same purpose.
>>
>>8337457
wait, what's the point of recording and rating the books you've read?
>>
>>8338511
Personally I do it because if I find writing helps me organise my thoughts and articulate them better. If I don't want to reread a book but only have a vague recollection of it reading old posts refreshes my memory.

I write for immediate benefits and record it for long term ones.
>>
File: ss (2016-07-30 at 09.33.34).jpg (81KB, 785x559px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-30 at 09.33.34).jpg
81KB, 785x559px
I am keeping a Goodreads account and I like their stars system. My OCD compels me to record when I started reading something and when I finished it, to the date, and it also serves as a kind of anchor in my memory: I finished some books in October, just as I was getting out of the worst of a depressive episode, and I can pinpoint exactly what day that happened. There is no benefit from that but I like knowing when things happened to the hour. Also Goodreads can help me find similar books and if I find someone online who has a Goodreads account I can quickly compare tastes without having to go through their shelves or asking them what books they like.

I don't keep a RYM or MAL (don't watch enough anime, I listen to many albums every day) but I also have a last.fm and I can gauge how much I like an album or artist or track based on how many times I've listened to it.

There's no benefit from it, but my obsession with remembering the past and my compulsion to record dates is satisfied with it, and plus keeping a reading challenge is another motivation to read books continuously. If there are people here who also use it I'd like to add you to compare tastes and possibly recommend books.
>>
Goodread's interface makes me cringe & I only use it to add books to the "want to read" section for future reference.
>>
>>8338511
Fun, organization, quickly sharing and sizing up taste of others.

>>8338427
Well I would rather use whatever is the most recognizable / universal within the communities I care about, but since it looks like this board isn't big on that kind of thing I guess I'll stick with goodreads. Odd that there isn't a less social media-focused and popular alternative, RYM / Sonemic really sets the standard for that kind of thing.

>>8338584
Glad to see someone else enjoys this kind of thing, I'd be glad to add you though I've chosen not to include anything before the creation of my account unless I have a reason, so it's not really useful as of yet.

>>8338622
Its interface really isn't great, feels very late 2009, at least to me.
>>
>>8339698
https://www.goodreads.com/katpdl
I rated a bunch of books I read as a kid. I got into reading again just recently, but decided to instead put everything I had read in my to-read shelf, to re-read and record exactly when I read them. Currently trying to work my way through universally acclaimed literature and books I've bought
>>
>>8337457

>what does /lit/ use to record

My bookshelf

>and rate

My mind

You faggot technophiles are cucked beyond all belief. MUH GOODREADS INVESTORS, PROVIDE ME WITH PRECIOUS PLATFORMS
>>
>>8339728
Same here with only recently getting back into it, I'm going to add previously read things as they come up, don't need reviews of Everybody Poops clogging up my Read list.

>>8339735
Okay cool you don't like doing it, and I was asking what everyone uses so I didn't just blindly use Goodreads. Are you proud of yourself for not using a harmless website that makes communication of taste easier?
>>
>>8339735

Y'know, if you keep using your buzzwords so lightly they'll end up losing all impact.
>>
>>8337457
What's with this stupid American need to rate and record shit, like you're following some kind of Steam achievement list?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.