[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Beckett's novel trilogy? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (19KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19KB, 309x476px
What do you guys think of Beckett's novel trilogy? I've never read anything like it
>>
>>8332360
Loved it. The thing I find a bit weird is people tend to make out like it's totally different to every other piece of work he's ever done, but I thought there were strong similarities to Watt, and less but still there similarities to p much the rest of his corpus. And one of the best crime series. Like even on a pleb level I enjoyed that first book.

And those tranny sex scenes too, my goodness.
>>
It actually reminded me of Burroughs' Nova Trilogy
>>
>And those tranny sex scenes too, my goodness.
>>
>>8332434
> implying
P gratuitous too. Nice anal prose tbph.
>>
>>8332360
>I've never read anything like it
what did anon mean by this
>>
>>8332651
I get the impression it means OP hasn't actually read it, which explains the reluctance to talk about Lousse in Molloy
>>
>>8332394
>>8332737
What are you on about, or did you mean "granny"
>>
>>8332747
Read the trilogy m8, it's only about 50 pages into the first book.
>>
>>8332360
Try "Murphy". It's like Joyce but good
>>
>>8332891
That's funny, most people (probably including Beckett) would say it's a poor imitation of Joyce
>>
I tried reading Murphy and for some reason it was almost incomprehensible. I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, because I've seen nobody else mention its difficulty. I've managed to understand books like Moby Dick and Blood Meridian so I don't understand why Murphy is so damn hard.
>>
>>8333086
He was young and trying to impress with his words
>I've managed to understand books like Moby Dick and Blood Meridian
These are not difficult to understand
>>
>>8333099

maybe if you you read stuff like ulysses and pynchon or whatever but they're difficult for a commoner
>>
>>8333141
Well he repented and swung the other way around. There may still be couple archaisms here and there in Watt but anything after that is in simple language. Though late Beckett tends to be harder to parse by lack of punctuation. Tldr start with Molloy
>>
>>8333076
nice appeal to authority
>>
I loved the random line in the monster paragraph that is Molloy that goes something like "What if we are not free."

Devastating.
>>
One of the greatest works of fiction ever

I guarantee it will go down as one of the best works ever

Beckett is a genius. Maybe even more so than his old idol Joyce

The break away from Joyce and the embracing of the futility of language and starting to write in French is such an interesting literary story
>>
File: A-Country-Road-A-Tree.jpg (770KB, 1665x2546px) Image search: [Google]
A-Country-Road-A-Tree.jpg
770KB, 1665x2546px
>>8333965
>such an interesting literary story

It's almost like you could write book about it...
>>
>>8332360

Easily the best thing I've read so far this year.
>>
>>8333965
Of course he's better than fucking Joyce.
>>
>>8334373
Go plebe somewhere else.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.