[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being the chief financial officer of a paper supply company how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: david foster wallace.jpg (68KB, 222x270px) Image search: [Google]
david foster wallace.jpg
68KB, 222x270px
Being the chief financial officer of a paper supply company how did David Wallace find time to write Infinite Jest?
>>
Kek.
>>
>>8330890
He wrote most of his novels and short stories while employed as a lobster fisherman, the head coach of a tennis academy, as an IRS agent in Illinois, and while on a cruise in the Caribbean.
>>
>>8330890

I want you to talk me through the thought process, OP. You're watching The Office and you see that a character is called David Wallace. You think to yourself that that name is like David Foster Wallace, the author and /lit/ meme. Did making this connection make you laugh? I doubt it. But you decided that this was something you had to share with /lit/. Did you expect this thread to make other anons laugh? Did this anon >>8330895
actually kek, or did he just understand the reference and emotionlessly type out the word kek?

Why are we here?
>>
>>8330911
>Why are we here?
I got what I wanted.
>>
I think the guy who plays Mose owns the film rights to IJ. He's a dfw autist
>>
>>8330911

Man, DFW would be so pissed for being called a "meme".

Fuck this board and it's juvenile meme shit
>>
>>8330918
oh wow, this is apparently true. maybe he should make an infinite jest sitcom for nbc.
>>
>>8330890
Yeah, the character is named after DFW. Jim (or the actor that played him) has a hard-on for Wallace. He directed Brief Interviews with Hideous Men. And yeah, the creator/one of the writers for parks and rec owns the IJ rights. There's one episode of Parks and Rec that's full of Infinite Jest stuff. Nothing really clever, just the names of characters appearing in random places.
>>
Decided to suck it one day.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.