[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to take a whole week to read a book like The Catcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_n333pcKPHM1rqre8po1_1280.jpg (241KB, 780x605px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n333pcKPHM1rqre8po1_1280.jpg
241KB, 780x605px
Is it normal to take a whole week to read a book like The Catcher In The Rye? My problem with books is that I can't just read them all the way through if I'm given enough time. Like, even if I had all day to read a 215 page book, I would probably only read like 30 or 50 pages of it at a time then I'd put it down because I get tired. Now I'm reading a new book and I find that I'm getting even more worn out than I was with the last one, the book is 1984. Does this just mean that I'm an extremely weak reader? It took me literally only a day to read The Metamorphosis and The Stranger though, because the prose was so terse.
>>
>>8330799
As long as you're actually reading, who cares?
>>
>>8330810
But there is so much to read, and most of them are basic for understanding literature, from history to philosophy.
>>
only way to read catcher in the rye is one sitting faggot. it takes 3-4 hours. stay pleb forever
>>
>>8330833
Look at it this way: there's so much to read that you'll never finish it anyway. So you might as well slow down.
>>
>>8330853
:'(
>>
>>8330833
better get started then
>>
It doesn't really matter. You have to remember that most of the people on 4chan have no lives and rarely go outside.
>>
>>8330799
It doesn't really matter the speed that you read a book. This website is memes, so don't trust any of the advice you read on here.

:^)
>>
I used to have this problem. Just force yourself to read for at least a half hour past the point at which you want to stop. After a while it'll get easier and easier. Increase the time.r
>>
I can read for a few hours at a time, but The Illustrated Man is killing me. For some reason the short-story format works my attention span and endurance a lot harder than a normal novel.
>>
>>8330833
the more you read the faster you will be able to read. just read more, friendo.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.