[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else find Beyond Good and Evil just a book of paradoxical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
Did anyone else find Beyond Good and Evil just a book of paradoxical nonsense with a philosophy which is scientifically and politically useless?

Or am I just reading this wrong? I read it with a hint of annoyance due to how infuriatingly hypocritical and contradictory the entire text is.
>>
>>8330434
That's a horrible place to start. Read On the Genealogy of Morals; Nietzsche makes a coherent argument in that one.
>>
>>8330434
>a philosophy which is scientifically and politically useless
for you
>>
It's so funny, I feel like there is a thread every day with someone starting Nietzsche with Beyond Good and Evil and it's true-- it may be his worst book to start with by a long-shot, and alot of his work is already pretty opaque without having read the other stuff.

I too started with BG&E and I wish I hadn't. The Birth of Tragedy or Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks followed by Birth of Tragedy is, in my opinion, the best place to start.
>>
>>8330537
I think it's mainly because I'm just not comprehending holistically, something like what >>8330549 is referring to.

>>8330549
Yeah, I'm not sure why I think it's because it is recommended online to a certain extent, and also seems as though it is the easiest/most concise read considering that it's one of the smaller ones.

I'm almost finished anyway, but yeah I am definitely going to go back and read it after I have read his other works. Especially since it seems that that was why I didn't comprehend it fully.
>>
>>8330434
>Ubisoft will never make a sequel, and if they do, it will be a shitty Asscreed/watch_doges clone

feels bad man
>>
>>8330618
>Singapore
>multicultural
>75% Han Chinese
Yeah, okay. Singapore calls itself multicultural just like the US in 1990 called itself multicultural. On top of that, Singapore also only takes in the intelligent people of other races. Despite all that, the city-state still requires action to make sure it doesn't devolve into sectarian bullshit(like making sure no community besides the Chinese can create enclaves).

Let's be honest, "true multiculturalism" in Singapore would result in the racial antagonism that can be found in your next door neighbors.
>>
>>8330621
If satyr abomination didn't work in Equestria then Big Mac would be a good second choice as he could nearly pleasure my waifu as good as me plus having a unicorn with earth pony stronk would be sick.

Also no matter how much Twiggles hates Trixie and vice versa I could never wish her to die. Maybe realise how bitchy she's been to Trixie and appologise or help her show or get her a special performance in the grand galloping gala yes but death no.
>>
>>8330626
Ya know the funny part is, at least for the Erina stuff, that's exactly what he's been doing if you ignore him physically abusing her.

I don't think the author really wanted Azami to be compelling in any way, just a means to an end to justify Erina's attitude and give an excuse to have her hang out with Polar Star and start opening up to people.

Which is I think is a shame honestly because I remember how hyped up his introduction was and practically everyone was excited on what he was going to bring. When things don't live up to their hype, it stings particularly badly.

I honestly don't think this arc is completely terrible like people have been saying, but it has been pretty disappointing and I expected a lot more.
>>
>>8330630
In 2000 Cisco stock was $77 a share. A decade earlier it was (ignoring split) $0.08 a share.

Cisco IPO'd with a market cap of $220 million.

Facebook on the other hand IPO'd with a market cap of $100 BILLION.

With Cisco, you could ride that $200 million market cap up to $2 billion then $20 billion, then $200 billion. Then it can double to $400 billion. Then it can keep going up, as Cisco did in 2000.

How much higher up can Facebook go? To get 10x your money from a $100 billion IPO, it will have to become a trillion dollar company.

Look at Uber. Valuations are fuzzy, but it's said to be worth tens of billions of dollars. In the old days you could ride that up. Now only accredited investors can get the stock.

And even most accredited investors can't get the stock - without paying a very steep markup. It's a very small club that gets into such things early.
>>
>>8330618
>>8330621
>>8330626
>>8330630
>>8330634

The fuck
>>
>>8330648
I made a post because the thread reminded me of my favorite 2003 action-adventure game, which had the same title as Nietzsche's book. The other posts were just funposting by another anon.
>>
>>8330434
>Did anyone else find Beyond Good and Evil just a book of paradoxical nonsense with a philosophy which is scientifically and politically useless?
That's the exact contrary of what I think except the scientific utility point which I find totally irrelevant. The political implications are giganormous

Like others said, maybe try to start with another one
>>
I love the self awareness of the guy posting on 4chan about Nietzsche thinking it may totally be Nietzsche and not him

Besides, the entire point of beyond good and evil is to get over a dichotomy that has become so entrenched and therefore mindless in culture that it to even suggest it appears like a paradox
>>
Read the Sparknotes friend ;)
>>
>>8330434

yeah, you are reading it wrong. start chronologically with Nietzsche. That is the best way to actually understand and benefit from his work. If you want, you can skip his first two books (Birth of Tragedy and Untimely Meditations), which are not his "philosophy" proper quite yet; they are cultural/literary critiques, basically. But definitely start at least with Human All Too Human. He lays the foundations, the mechanics, the parts, for the rest of his philosophy there.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.