[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, have you ever or would you ever send a loved one poet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: The Sphinx by Jacek Malczewski.jpg (193KB, 950x715px) Image search: [Google]
The Sphinx by Jacek Malczewski.jpg
193KB, 950x715px
/lit/, have you ever or would you ever send a loved one poetry (or other literature) to show your feelings? Is it always cringe-worthy?

I'm a girl who had an affair with my married university professor. The whole deal was very messy with him not telling me he was married until it had happened and his immense feelings of guilt afterwards, on which he wouldn't even visit me as I stayed in at a mental institution (and he knows I know noone else in this part of the country). Still it happened a few times more, but I ignored his texts one night and we haven't spoken in some months. I'm thinking about leaving him ripped out pages of Nabokov's Lilith in his post box at the university, but I'm not sure if it's a terrible idea, if it's cringe-worthy, if it's the equivalent of posting music lyrics of some terrible soppy romantic pop-song on your loved one's FB-page. But I feel it says more than I can, and I think he'd like the poem. What do you guys think, should I do it?
https://sites.google.com/site/poetryandtranslations/various/lilith-v-nabokov
>>
>>8330364
>it's an '/ressentiment9k/ frog person wants a circle jerk thread to talk about how women are all big whores' episode

If not, kill yourself, homewrecking rancid swine
>>
>>8330387
But he didn't tell me. How is he not the home-wrecker in this?
>>
>>8330390
Men don't cheat.

Also this isn't /adv/.

Delete this thread and create a new one where you leave out the boring story, only asking for people's experience with sending poetry etc
>>
>>8330387
Came here to post this, seconding your analysis
>>
>>8330364
Leave than man alone. What are you trying to accomplish? You'll only hurt him, and yourself.
>>
>>8330364
Since it turned out that he is married, you should remove him from the status of "loved one". Remove him from your life in fact and move on. Save the poety for something else.
>>
>>8330364
I have sent poetry to girls I liked, written by me. I still have some poems I wrote somewhere. Recently I found a sonnet (in Spanish) and it was actually quite nice, even though I wrote it when I was 16. I am going to rework it into a song. I didn't read your story because I am an antisocial hermit and I can't relate to that, sorry.
>>
>>8330497
>you should remove him from the status of "loved one"
Far easier said than done, you'd know if you had been in love.
>>
>>8330516
>antisocial
Please know this means psychopath. Maybe you mean asocial?
>>
Sage for degeneracy. Get out of here.
>>
>>8330533
I know, I got distracted (I am writing and browsing /lit/ and twitter in between pauses). I am an asocial hermit. I just tried to ctrl+s this post. Back to writing I go. Thanks for the correction
>>
>>8330531
Falling in love is something extremely commonplace, so it's funny you would think I can't relate to the feeling.
Yes it's not easy, but it's certainly doable and you have a very, very good reason for doing it. Just start, and with time (it won't take THAT long) you will succeed. Of course, you can also pretend that it's impossible and continue on this course that won't end up anywhere good. I wouldn't recommend that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.