[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heard about this book. I'm expecting it to be delivered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: TWM.jpg (23KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
TWM.jpg
23KB, 228x346px
Heard about this book. I'm expecting it to be delivered tomorrow.

What should I expect? What is /lit/'s consensus on The Way of Men?
>>
Just read Marcus Aurelius and put that shit away
>>
>>8328500
Self hating faggot who thinks jerking dudes with his biceps makes him da man.
>>
>>8328502
Why read Marcus Aurelius when we have Epictetus?
>>
It sounds like the hyper masculine equivalent of The Secret.
>>
>>8328500
WHY CAN'T I BEAT MY WIFE! ARGH! The Book by Jack Donovan
>>
>>8328500
I skimmed over the contents, it's gonna be shit, see:
>>8328529
>>8328538

You should have got a copy of "The Red Queen"
>>
>>8328542
>wife
Fuck off whore
>>
>>8328553
I might get that also.
I mainly just order books for cheap if they spark my interest, that's why I got The Way of Men. If it's shit, so be it.
>>
File: jackdonovan-850.jpg (71KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
jackdonovan-850.jpg
71KB, 850x565px
babbling shit for self hating cucks
>>
>>8328562
It's actually quite a thoughtful read, somewhat fresh. If masculinity seems to be something that may inspire you, it's worth the read.
>>
>>8328500
Faggotry through and through.
>>
Retrograde views on gender and notions of "duty" and "honor" that only exist in movies. It's self-help for young men who think they're above self-help.
>>
>>8328590
>It's self-help for young men who think they're above self-help.
I would have said its philosophy for people too stupid to read philosophy but this is just as good.
>>
>>8328531
Why Epictetus when you can have Seneca?
>>
>>8328590
>"duty" and "honor" that only exist in movies

Or you know, those things that existed merely 70 years ago in the greatest conflict ever to hit mankind.
>>
>>8328553
"the red queen" by who though?
>>
>>8328500
It's a good book that creates discussion and will make you consider some things differently.

Bear in mind however that the author is literally sexually attracted to the concept of masculinity and be wary of this when considering some of the more emotional, less rational points of the book.
>>
>>8328553
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16176.The_Red_Queen?from_search=true

th-this?
>>
>>8328590
>retrograde
I want the freshman sociology majors to leave
>>
>>8329044
Why Seneca when you can have Tacitus?
>>
>>8329064

Found him
>>
>>8328500

It's shit.
>>
>>8329613
Why Seneca or Tacitus when you can have Cicero?
>>
File: 1282908922326.jpg (25KB, 338x277px) Image search: [Google]
1282908922326.jpg
25KB, 338x277px
>>8329064
>>
>>8329438
yep, it's a premium book
>>
>>8328500
read it, and then burn it
conceal your clay feet, then turn to epictetus (discourses, not the fucking handbook you lazy mong)
>>
>>8328500
If you bought this shit you need to throw yourself upon a sharp spear, just like the one the skeleton on the cover is holding.

You spent money on a book written by a try-hard faggot whose every day revolves around him trying to prove how manly and tough he is to other try-hard faggots in leather jackets.

The guy has tattoos of Futhark runes and pagan symbols, sports the bikers' apparel, and keeps rambling about how you have to prove to ''your tribe'' (top kek) how strong and aggressive you are.

You don't need an edgy man with the mind of a teenage metal-head to teach you how to be as manly as your hunter-gatherer ancestors.

Skip.
>>
Hunter-gatherers were probably kinda skinny anyway. Homo sapiens is a persistent hunter.
>>
The author is a faggot. This should destroy any credibility especially in the chapter where he talks about the problems with faggotry and masculinity. I read it twice because I thought I was missing something. It's faux self-help.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.