[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Page 350 of Infinite Jest. >Its actually pretty good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>Page 350 of Infinite Jest.
>Its actually pretty good, incredibly complicated but still entertaining.
>I want to keep reading it but at the same time IT JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING ON AND ON AND ON.
>Read for a couple hours and check how thick the remaining pages look.
>Haven't made a dent.
>Put too much of a time investment to stop reading it.
>5 new shorter books have arrived in the past day or so and I badly want to read them now.

How long did it take you guys to read Infinite Meme?

At least once I finish this book I can say that i've read it, and every other book will feel like a breeze.
>>
Just put it on a prominent place on your bookshelf and claim that you've read it like everyone else here.
>>
>>8327202
it's not complicated. you are stupid.
>>
>>8327202
It's a chore to read. The long endnotes that also have footnotes get to me. Dude 2 bookmarks lmao
>>
>>8327202
Just fucking do it quitter; people like you never finish shit, you always rationalize some way to disappoint yourself for a baser goal. Is reading books about fucking building a collection you can point at and tell your friends you read? If so; just lie and say you read it, and then devote the next three hours to sparknotes-ing the rest of the meme books so you can dance for /lit/.

Quitting in the middle is only acceptable in YA, fantasy and twilight
>>
>>8327221
If you don't think the book is "complicated," (intricate might be a better word) then you're the one who's stupid.
>>
>>8327202
I'm at about the same place, OP. I like the tennis sections but the rehab facility shit is so uninteresting atm

>>8327217
Maybe I'll just do this
>>
I'm at page 9 and it's already kind of boring and tedious. I heard it starts to get good at around 250-300 pages.
>>
It took me 2 or 3 months. Granted I was spread pretty thin in school during that time, and didn't have as much reading time ad I would have liked.
>>
>>8327407

If you're bored by page 9 just quit right now. You will never, NEVER finish it.

It gets better around 250-300 pages, but there's no one paragraph/couple of pages where there's some big event that really makes you think, its basically just a couple of parts that finally give you some semblance of a plot.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.