[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finally finish Thus Spoke Zarathustra Good fucking god.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>Finally finish Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Good fucking god. I can see what Bloom meant when he said it was 'unreadable'. I'd like to think it simply didn't translate well, and was far nicer in its original German.

Nietzsche said that Kant's CPS was the "secret joke of his soul", essentially proving the common man right in a way he could never understand. I'd say Thus Spoke Zarathustra was the secret joke of Nietzsche's soul.
>>
>>8326360
You read the Zimmern translation didn't you faggot
>>
>>8326360
But it's perfectly readable
>>
>Graham Parkes

Now I see your problem.
You either read the Kaufmann translation or you read the original german
>>
>>8326360
im in part 3 and about to give up
this makes less sense as time goes on
>>
>>8326531
I forgot to note I'm reading the clancy martin translation
>>
>>8326530
so aside from the jew meme kaufmann is legit?
>>
is the thomas common translation all right?
>>
>>8326538

Exactly
>>
>>8326545
Not at all. Too wordy
>>
>>8326538
>aside from the jew meme
If you want to get anywhere in intellectual life, ignore /pol/
>>
>>8326360
I read that translation and the only parts I found hard to understand were the ones referencing old texts I wasn't fully read up on. Following the footnotes or doing some investigating of my own cleared the rest up. Nietzsche's writing is very poetic and heavy on the metaphoric side, as well as the referential side, so you need to have the right frame of mind and education when reading that book.

What did you have trouble with? Give an example.
>>
>>8326360
>a book for everyone and no one
you're nobody
>>
>>8326694

>(((intellectual life)))
>>
>>8326520
which translation is this?
>>
>>8326360
what's Kant's CPS?
>>
>saw The Will to Power hardback translation by Kaufmann in the thrift store today for 25 cents
>passed it up for hardcover Poems of Catullus for 25 cents

did i do good /lit/?
>>
>>8329176
the will to power is trash edited by his sister, so yes
>>
File: tsz.jpg (28KB, 657x753px) Image search: [Google]
tsz.jpg
28KB, 657x753px
>>8329160
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.