[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of y'all got any experience or green stories dealing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: pepe.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
Do any of y'all got any experience or green stories dealing with getting an agent?
>>
green stories. really?
>>
>be me
>want to be a writer
>write novels
>finish the first one
>take a break before revisiting and start writing the second one
>revisit the first, it still needs work
>back to second novel
>meet a cool girl
>good chemistry but I managed to dodge the "what are you writing about" question
>half a year later there is no way around it
>realize that I can't sum up my story for shit
>she still keeps motivating and pushing me without knowing shit about the shit I am writing
>we talk about getting published
>I still don't have a query letter or synopsis for the first book and working on the second
>things happened and I told her that I'll try get an agent by the end of the year
>I take my promises very serious so there is no way around it now
>tfw still no synopsis, query or agent
>half a year left

And this is my experience with agents so far.
>>
>big black manly man says Luke
>I am your agent
>he couldn't sell the book for shit
>>
>>8325615
kek
>>
Are you a master who makes the grass green ?
>>
File: SublimeLight.jpg (117KB, 942x843px) Image search: [Google]
SublimeLight.jpg
117KB, 942x843px
>>8325644
Metaxic Dubs

Purple Tie for the PurpleParty ?
>>
File: credendo vides.gif (53KB, 221x225px) Image search: [Google]
credendo vides.gif
53KB, 221x225px
>>8325644

Have you heard of the Purple Party a Banquet Of The Gods
>>
File: Pyramid Mustache.jpg (86KB, 618x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Mustache.jpg
86KB, 618x500px
>>8324585

Did you see the sign and did it open up your eyes ?
>>
>Start writing
>Don't want to give money to an agent
>Can't get published without one
Fuck...
>>
>>8326243
It's unlikely that you will make any money without one though. 20% from something is a lot more than 0% from nothing.
>>
>>8327324
That's what I'm saying. Without an agent in this day and age you simply WON'T get published because the gatekeepers have such huge slush piles.
>>
>>8327395
So what's so bad about having a smaller profit if the alternative is none? That's like quitting a high paying job, so you won't to have pay taxes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.