[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything comparable to this guy in the world of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Frank Zappa.jpg (63KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Zappa.jpg
63KB, 630x420px
Is there anything comparable to this guy in the world of literature?

>Self taught
>Vast technical knowledge of medium
>Not afraid of going low-brow, hides his powerlevel a lot
>Great sense of humor
>Rejects most of the "high class" community of the medium
>Hated by most mainstream critics because of being too hard to pin down
>Has work through a large selection of genres and constantly mixes them
>Hates minimalism and leans on the maximalist side of things
>Extremely cynical
>>
Was Zappa the original meme?
>>
>>8325344

He was one of the first memers in music for sure if you consider obscure inside jokes that nobody understands a meme.
>>
Pynchon is the Zappa of literature
>>
>>8325355
top meme
>>
literally Pynchon
>>
>>8325355
No Pynchon is too elegant and frankly intelligent to bear the comparison. Phillip k dick I think is more spot on. The musical equivalent to Pynchon is something more like Dead C or velvet underground.
>>
>>8326122

Is this bait?
>>
Most people of our generation will be like that.
>>
>>8325344
Absolutely Free is an album based off of musical memes. So I would say he was the first meme musician
>>
>>8326122
>velvet underground
>elegant
>>
>>8325325
Shakespeare desu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.