[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /literally too self-aware and post-ironic to keep a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: irony-mark.jpg (12KB, 187x337px) Image search: [Google]
irony-mark.jpg
12KB, 187x337px
Who /literally too self-aware and post-ironic to keep a sincere diary/ here?
>>
>>8321329
>unironically using an irony point
>>
>post-ironic
did you enucleated ur i's?
>>
>>8321405
>implying I'm capable of pre-irony
>>
>too self-aware to keep a sincere diary?

My diary is full of pages doubting my ability to be honest and analyzing past entires, and my general impulse to record and interpret events as I'm experiencing them. I'd say I qualify for too 'self-aware' (self-conscious? self-doubting? self-hating?) to keep anything like a normal or sincere diary.
>>
>>8321508
Doesn't it discourage you from keeping a diary at all?
>>
>>8321517
no, because I like to write, and as I said, I have something of an impulse to always be recording my life, even when I'm not sure it's a good or healthy idea
>>
One of the things I find discouraging is that, being self-aware, I realise that keeping a diary enforces a singular narrative on the past that gains preference by being conserved, giving you access to only an impoverished if not downright untruthful recording of the past and by having access to that recording shutting out the actual, more complex memory you would have perhaps otherwise entertained looking back.

Sort of like how a picture of an event will not aid you into remembering an event but rather a single fraction of it from a certain angle and with a certain lightning, not being representative of the event as it was experienced at all but replacing the memory as an 'objective', more 'real' alternative.
>>
>>8321329
Me. Writing authentically and sincerely about things that really happened to you is something to do only if you're drunk or otherwise on downers.
>>
>>8321405
What's that؟
>>
File: Hockey-Vs-NAU-91.jpg (1MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
Hockey-Vs-NAU-91.jpg
1MB, 5760x3840px
>>8321591
this just applies to the kind of people on /lit/ who keep diaries and not necessarily all diary keepers---

i would say that many do not start writing a diary in order to write down the story of their life. it's really just someone to talk to. with this in mind, it's "accuracy" is not prioritized. however, i also think you misrepresent the entire process. i would guess that many write down a large amount of their thoughts and do not try to thread anything in particular through diary entries. i think that writing down in this confessional, stream-of-consciousness, whatever kind of way can actually do the exact opposite of what you are saying. it is certain that you can record much more than you can remember and in doing so "conserve" much more than anyone would by memory alone. i can personally attest to reading things i've written about years ago that i do not recall. regarding the volumetric superiority of recording in a diary to memorizing in your head, i am perplexed by your uses of the words "untruthful," "actual," and your entire perspective. your diary can be as truthful as you, the writer, want it to be. it can preserve much more than your head alone. in this way it is much more the "truth" and "actual" than some limit imposed by folded surface area and glucose consumption.

tl;dr- you seem to be saying that you don't like diaries because they exclude or privilege certain memories or kinds of memories. i claim that diaries are capable of storing many more memories than brains. you seem to have issue with the way in whcih people record their memories. i claim that this is easily correctable by simply writing down more, something (increasing the volume of storage space) that is not even possible if you are only using your brain.

tfl;dfr- i don't see how anything you say isnt also true of "natural" memory and how the solution is not only unavailable without the use of a diary, the use of a diary is the solution
>>
You cannot be insincere. You are always true to what you are. Writing ironically is sincerity; sincerity about you being an ironic dipshit. Nothing is fake. Everything you do is done truly, even lying
>>
>>8321875
> Writing authentically and sincerely about things that really happened to you is something to do only if you're drunk or otherwise on downers.

this is exactly why you should be drunk as much as possible. (or otherwise on downers.)
>>
File: Keep It Sweet Sugar.jpg (40KB, 657x368px) Image search: [Google]
Keep It Sweet Sugar.jpg
40KB, 657x368px
>>8321957
>glucose consumption

K.eep I.t S.weet S.ugar
>>
File: dub check.jpg (51KB, 530x363px) Image search: [Google]
dub check.jpg
51KB, 530x363px
>>8321329

I am self-aware enough to sincerely see the irony in your post too

Do you mean a 4chan diary or like your diary desu ?
>>
File: tmp_13260-Schopenhauer543878774.jpg (67KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13260-Schopenhauer543878774.jpg
67KB, 300x358px
>>8321973
>Everything you do is done truly, even lying
>>
>>8322208
no wonder she looks like a full sized fridge
>>
>>8321329
My "diary" is literally a stream of my thoughts, including all hyper-self-awareness and snarky remarks about everything. Anyone who reads it is bound of think I'm batshit insane and beyond demented. That's how I know my "diary" is honest desu
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.