[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start reading Nietzsche >manage to convince myself that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1463314792756.png (26KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1463314792756.png
26KB, 958x660px
>start reading Nietzsche
>manage to convince myself that Nietzsche has an answer to nihilism
>realize that "start with the Greeks" doesn't just apply to literature but philosophy even more so
>start with the Greeks in philosophy
>find new motivation in life - can't kill myself before I've read Nietzsche
>read every day
>life starts looking better
>everything going ok
>can't bring myself to read for a couple of days due to mental illness
>back to wanting to kill myself
Is it even worth it or will I just be disappointed in the end anyway?
>>
>>8320678
You may want to treat the mental illness, you fucking idiot
>>
>>8320686
No shit man, that hasn't been going too well though. And now my Psychologist is on summer vacation.
>>
>>8320690
Have you tried just being yourself?
>>
>>8320678
I've had the same thing happen ( not Nietzsche and the Greek but every other part of your story)
It's a shit feeling but really the only way to overcome the feelings are to work through them and eventually tune them out. Or have a near death experience like I did.
>>
File: bee urself.png (74KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bee urself.png
74KB, 1000x1000px
>>8320701
Thanks Confucius, I didn't know it was that easy.

>>8320713
Care to elaborate?
>>
File: Free spooks.jpg (31KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
Free spooks.jpg
31KB, 851x315px
>>8320678

People think Nietzsche's life affirmation was some sort of unconditional and eternal Yea - but it isn't. In fact, to believe so, you have to ignore one of the most important passages in Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Nietzsche was arguing against pessimism/nihilism, the eternal Nay - but he did not advocate some sort of eternal Yea as a consequence.

If anything, he advocates the sometimes-Yea and the sometimes-Nay. His argument is that we are far too easily inclined to the eternal Nay - like a child that says no to life, for having been burned a few times.

We don't say Yea often enough - which is not to say that we should say Yea 24/7. There are times when it is reasonable to say Nay, but only after fair consideration.
>>
>>8320713
Tell the story and its impact
>>
File: Stirner-16.png (52KB, 266x427px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner-16.png
52KB, 266x427px
>>8320720
Doesn't really change my dilemma. Thanks for the Stirner though.
>>
>>8320732
Thats cute
>>
>>8320720
>but he did not advocate some sort of eternal Yea as a consequence.
Some of his notes are very arguable here. But you're right in what people think an eternal yea would be. Like Nietzsche's eternal yea is p much Amor Fati.
>>
>>8320720
Listen to this guy. Nietzsche does not have a magic idea you have not considered as to why life has meaning. He can convince you, maybe, that a "post-god" world isn't necessarily a bad world, that you should strive to affirm your life - and that by being true to your will you can achieve moments that become, in fact, the ultimate meaning of your entire existence. His eternal recurrence - without entering debates as to weather it was a dogma or an ontological theory - is a great way to understand this: your existence is hermetic, only defined by what it is/was, a single moment of fulfillment echoes like an eternity, can justify the entire experience.
>>
>>8320717
>>8320722
I had heat stroke and realized not wanting to live is a lot different than actually dying. If I wasn't found so soon it would have been game ogre and it was scary.
>>
>>8320732
surely property is a spook, aswell.
>>
>>8321651
Not when it's mine
>>
File: 1461717156576.jpg (29KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1461717156576.jpg
29KB, 250x333px
>>8320678

>>can't bring myself to read for a couple of days due to mental illness

i know this feel well. hang in there, bro.
>>
>>8320686
"Treat" the mental illness

A bit of focalin may solve your depression ;))))
>>
JUST DO IT
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.