[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read a poet (or writer of any kind of literature) that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I want to read a poet (or writer of any kind of literature) that presents the same wealth of imagery, the same incessant overflowing of metaphors that Shakespeare’s work possesses.

I can’t find any other writer that loves metaphors and verbal fire-works as much as Shakespeare, so I would like a suggestion. Many poets (famous poets) are most of the time just making versified prose (the language is simple, the metaphors classic and predictable, everything balanced and ordered: I am thinking in writers like Virgil, Horace, Goethe): they know a lot about rhythm and elegance, but they don’t have the same baroque jungle of Shakespeare’s plays.

So, if you guys can offer some suggestions I would love that (and please, no Joyce: he rarely offers us something as beautiful and poetic as the ending paragraph of The Dead; his poetics are different).
>>
Try Neruda, post some of his poems here if you want
>>
>>8320558

I would love that. Have read some of his work and liked a lot. But if you can post some of your favorites, please, do.
>>
Shakespeare was (and still is) the king of metaphors. No one equals him.

That being said Donne has some pretty unique metaphors. Read "the flea" for a good example.
>>
>>8320536

bump
>>
Herberto Helder and spanish poetry of the 20th century is what you're looking for, brazilianfag.
>>
>>8320536
other than the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about I'd recommend Antonio Machado, Cesar Vallejo, John Fletcher, Herman Melville
>>
>>8321717
John Gould Fletcher that is
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.