[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I only feel like reading, and can only focus on reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1469446171701.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469446171701.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Why do I only feel like reading, and can only focus on reading when it's late afternoon?
>>
Humans are naturally inclined to become attached to established schedules, so I'd assume you reading in late afternoon on a regular basis has made it feel 'wrong' to read at any other time. I had a similar problem where I would always read before bed, but then my brain associated reading with sleeping and I could never get any reading done, so I started doing it in the morning instead.

Side note, how did you feel about The Glowing Man?
>>
>>8319890
Not op but glowing man is great

>>8319551
cuz you're at home easily distracted and not in the library
>>
>>8319890
>how did you feel about The Glowing Man
not that anon, but I don't think there's a name for that feel.
Like the inverse of transcendence, if there's a word for that.
One of the few times an instrumental part made me well up with tears.
>>
>>8319551
>tfw reading at midnight and can't sleep afterwards because your mind is still full of what you've just read
>>
>>8319890
>how did you feel about The Glowing Man?
I've been listening to the later discography of swans lately, the glowing man, the seer, and to be kind lately. It's an undertaking every single time, I feel like a cheater if I just have it on in the background while I'm listening to it. I always devote a large chunk of the album to laying on the floor with my eyes closed. I think it's it's really good, I'd say it's on the same level as other laying on the floor with your eyes closed bands, like godspeed you! black emperor, slint, have a nice life, swans already had soundtracks for the blind, but this is like soundtracks for the blind combined with their early heavy repetitious no wave stuff. I think it's really great, and it almost makes me sad that it's so popular, not because I'm sad that it's not my secret pet band or something, but because people might not take them as seriously because of their popularity and think that it's just some sort of accessible shit. I'm actually sort of surprised that it's as popular as it is, when it is so long and dense and inaccessible. I guess people in the music community just realize that it's a true work of art. I saw them live and it was honestly the best concert I ever saw in my life.
>>
>>8319919
whoa what the hell is up with this chart? I always shit at around 8:30 omg
>>
>>8319957
Circadian rhythm
>>
>>8319551
Same but for me its the morning. I just really like that light.
>>
>>8319890
I didn't listen to it more than two times. It's a chore to listen to, like most their newer stuff.
I like their mid career works most still, White Light, Great Annihilatior, Children of God.
New stuff is good, and I can't wait to see them live in a few months.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.