[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any good literature that explore the same themes and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: clip.jpg (112KB, 1150x633px) Image search: [Google]
clip.jpg
112KB, 1150x633px
Is there any good literature that explore the same themes and ideas as Majora's Mask?
>>
>good books that explore themes of masks, loss, death

Nah there are none
>>
>>8318419
Majora's Mask doesn't really explore death or loss, just masks. The death/loss is only there to compliment the tone of the pre-apocalyptic world.
>>
>>8318416
It's a metaphore for the four states of grief.

You'll find many books about it.

Also,

>looking for literary experience that justifies a videogame made by japanese people in a rush
>>
>>8318423
>doesn't explore loss

Deku Butler alone tells me you either haven't played it or don't know what a theme is
>>
>>8318424
>I watch Game Theoryâ„¢, I know what I'm talking about.

Lol he doesn't realize the game is actually about how the mask you wear is more important than what's on the inside, because how the world sees you and what mask you wear is what has an affect on the world.
>>
>>8318437
You're right, I'm just stuck on the punchline that is the inside of the moon, when the entire point of the game is displayed to you like you're an idiot, cementing the fact it is made for kids.
>>
>>8318449
>mfw skull kid has no one, not even the Four Giants he used to be friends with
>mfw "no loss or grief or death in this game"
>mfw you think "death" or "loss" has to literally be dying
>oh wait some of the masks are literally deceased people

And also
>nothing for kids has ever tackled heavy themes of death and grief

Gee whiz, you're well read
>>
>>8318480
>videogames
>deep
lol
>>
>>8318484
>tackling a theme like death makes something instantly deep
>>
>>8318493

Give N64 Zelda some credit, it tackled fantasy in a solemn Grimm brothers fairy tale sort of way and like the best fantasy it has radiant symbolism and appeals to the unconscious.

Literature is the highest art form but there is a certain kind of ecstasy it can't communicate by virtue of it not being a visual art.
>>
File: idiot.jpg (82KB, 350x383px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
82KB, 350x383px
>>8320192
>Literature is the highest art form
>>
>>8320192
>ranking artforms

AHHHHHHHHHHH
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.