[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your excuse to continue consuming mass culture instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: jar.jpg (57KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
jar.jpg
57KB, 597x800px
What is your excuse to continue consuming mass culture instead of cultivating your self with something that will allow you to give your own meaning to your existence?
>>
I don't live in a giant jar.
>>
You presume way too much about anonymous people.
>>
Cause meaning is a meme.
>>
consuming mass culture gives my existence meaning
>>
The self is meaningless. Everyone dies and everyone is forgotten. If there's any meaning to be found in the universe, it is through the species, since it will last far longer (God willing) than any one person. Mass culture is the only culture that matters.
>>
>>8317832

Well I need to buy the things that enrich my life... Like books.
>>
>>8317888
well that maybe from a historical point of view. but im talking about the subjective point of view. that of a sinlge lifetime and the experience an individual can have of it.

i mean, i dont give a shit if no one cares about or remembers me or what i am or do as long as i live that life and do those things intensely and meaningfully. our society denies that collectively, so it is up to the individual to build that.
>>
>>8317915
Then fucking go do that stuff intensely and meaningfully. For some that might be sitting down reading books all day erry day. For others it may mean to bang a different hot chick everynight. If the self has no meaning and it has not other than it's "survival instinct" like eating, growing, procreate and then die,then it's up to the individual to make the meaning of his own life. Ultimately all artifical meanings translate into "doing what makes you truly happy without thinking about what society would think" but most people are too strangled by society, fear and misery that they won't ever find what truly makes them happy just what society has told them would make them happy.
For me I just want a peaceful, relaxed life. Maybe visit a country or two, learn a couple of languages in order to read works in their original meaning and ultimately finding someone to love.
>>
File: systems theory.jpg (79KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
systems theory.jpg
79KB, 600x390px
>>8317832
>instead of cultivating your self with something that will allow you to give your own meaning to your existence?
>implying I'm not doing that already while continuing to stay current with mass culture
>>
>>8318333
well thats the point of the thread. if we take for evident what we inherited from society then our own notion of what is correct, all our desires, will be shaped by it and will have its goals as the final goal. we will make it our goal, even if that means destroying our own selves.

and that is simply cause one was told about those goals without knowing their process. on the other hand, if one builds new ones, on ones owm, one will know what they mean and what one can do in their path and with its results.
>>
Even Ingmar Bergman had Die Hard on his shelf.
>>
>>8318415
This, no man is an island faggot OP
>>
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
File: 1455639856328.jpg (76KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
1455639856328.jpg
76KB, 594x395px
>>8317832
>cultivating yourself
>meaning

All this property and you choose to be spooked.
>>
>>8317832
"Meaning" is contingent on communication.

If you don't engage with the outside world your universe becomes a solipsistic hole; it is actually everything else besides yourself that gives your life context.

You yourself are innately "meaningless".

Just an anomalous product of the mating of apes.
>>
i do both like any well-adjusted person
>>
>>8319373
thats an evidence. but what the individual does is obviously done with the tools learned in his socialization process, but he then can do something by himself with them, something other than what is socially imposed/suggested.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.