[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, do you ever fantasize about your Wikipedia-page after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1407626060297.gif (704KB, 615x367px) Image search: [Google]
1407626060297.gif
704KB, 615x367px
/lit/, do you ever fantasize about your Wikipedia-page after you've made it as a writer?

I want to know if this is just my narcissism or if this is the /lit/ equivalent of picturing yourself playing a guitar solo in front of your high school class while listening to an exceptionally good song.
>>
>>8315481
No. I do the playing a song in front of the school one, though. I neither sing or play an instrument
>>
I sometimes talk (to myself) about my books, about different themes, tropes in them, how they correlate, about all the influences and all that jazz, while having written nothing.

It's fun though, and helps me think about my life and present situations.
>>
>>8315481

>he only enjoys art as a means of vicariously experiencing self-glorification

I'm sorry OP.
Who hurt you?
>>
>>8315500
Same. Usually do so when going about menial daily activities like maintaining the house, preparing and cooking food
>>
>>8315503
>only
It's more of a bonus.
Also my dad ;_;
>>
When I have nothing to do, on a train or a bus, I imagine being interviewed in some talk show or radio show, or being on a movie adaptation's promo tour.

Fortunate that I don't really have to do that. I never remember what I told the "reporters" the previous time, so my answers are always different and probably contradictory. My fans would be pretty damn confused all the time.
>>
>Anon was an Irish novelist and poet. He published one novel at the age of 21 to great critical acclaim. At age 23, he died of >no gf complications. A collection of his poetry was released posthumously, called "My Diary Tbh."
>>
File: 135410609030.png (143KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
135410609030.png
143KB, 854x859px
>>8315577
Damn. It sounds so beautiful. I hope they mention my psychological breakdown to showcase how deep I am and to get that "intelligence borderlines insanity"-feel. Certainly hope they don't mention my decade spent shitposting on 4chan while defiling myself to Chinese cartoons.
>>
No. I would sincerely hope no one started a Wikipedia page about me. I'd probably opt to write under a pseudonym to avoid any celebrity / notoriety.

Wikipedia is chock full of bias and fancruft. There's nothing of value there, and I wouldn't want my name associated with it.
>>
Sort of
I fantasize that a hundred years from now a kid like me will look me up in wikipedia and see my age of death and think how sad it is they never had a chance to meet me
>>
ALL MY NARRACISSISM WILL BE IN VAIN.

WHAT A FEEL.
>>
I fantasize about answering interview questions
>>
I really hope that my eventual Wikipedia page points out that I've just been lazy up until now and I was always confident about becoming accoplished
>>
>>8317077
I was interviewed once and took it too seriously
>>
>>8317726
How can one take it too seriously?
>>
>>8318869
By taking it seriously at all
>>
Nah, I only fantasize about being a public intellectual, giving talks or lectures to full halls.
>>
I must say I do indeed, and I believe Wikipiedia has the potential to replace the traditional biography in a sense, as the availability of hyperlinks and so on will greatly assist either the biographer or indeed (and in my case) the autobiographer / memoirist in producing a narrative of their life in a way that is entertaining and informative for the contemporary audience. I myself have been planning to upload my entire 600,000 word memoir onto Wikipedia with the title of the page being my name and the content being my "life story".
>>
You're not alone. Been thinking that for a long time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.