[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite contemporary fiction? Have you read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

What's your favorite contemporary fiction? Have you read anything released in 2016? Did you like it? Pic related - the most recently published book I've read
>>
>>8310546
I almost purchased this. but the cover is so gay I refuse to read it in public.
>>
>>8310555
Did you get the reference about the orgasm
>>
Zero K.
Didn't like it at first then really enjoyed it. Reminds me a lot of Point Omega and White Noise.
>>
This was available in a by two get one free section. The cover and title turned me off and I wound up getting some book of short stories by Chuck Phalaniuk instead.
>>
Tried to buy The Vegetarian but it was sold out in the store I was in and online. Really hope they run another print soon.
>Letting a prize winning book be sold out
Fucking ree...
>>
>>8310614
You can't order from Amazon? Are you looking for a specific translation?
>>
I read DeLillo's Zero K and regretted doing so. Contemporary fiction is in a sad, sad, state and pic related is a leading representative of this decline.
>>
>>8310638
No, to be honest, I haven't looked for a couple months now because of other things taking up my time. I see now it's back in stock on Amazon but when I first looked they had it out of stock as well.
>>
>>8310546
this guy on the cover look so much like Jim Carrey
>>
>>8310677
More like a weird cross between Carey and Franco.
>>
>>8310546
>out in public
>have an hour of time to kill
>closest thing to me is a walmart
>go there and waste time in book section
holy shit i know i shouldn't judge modern literature by what ends up there but it was just so fucking terrible. the most redeeming thing was a star wars adult coloring book.
saw pic related there. will publishers really publish anything?
>>
>>8310713
Anything for a fast buck, anon.
>>
File: 1378446379747.jpg (62KB, 626x460px) Image search: [Google]
1378446379747.jpg
62KB, 626x460px
>>8310713
>Book three of the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die series
>>
>>8310555
The cover is the only thing that makes me want to buy this to see whether that's a man or a woman. Novel is supposed to be really depressing.
>>
File: vanishing-Velazquez.jpg (34KB, 331x499px) Image search: [Google]
vanishing-Velazquez.jpg
34KB, 331x499px
I'm currently reading pic related, came out just a few weeks ago, enjoying it so far (non-fiction on the rediscovery of a specific painting from Velazquez, and how hard it was during the 19th century to make sure that a painting was from a specific painter)

At the Existentialist Cafe was great fun too.
Haven't read any fiction from this year yet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.