[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Brave New World. I am terrified: this is getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1466806454067.jpg (65KB, 1124x741px) Image search: [Google]
1466806454067.jpg
65KB, 1124x741px
I just finished Brave New World.
I am terrified: this is getting true day by day.

///Brave New World general thread///
>>
>>8310219
>I am terrified

Why? If you weren't happy in the Brave New World you could just go live with all the tribes in the jungle.
>>
description of the book so I don't have to read it?
>>
>>8310312
Its been a few years since I read BNW but I read Huxley's Island recently and can tell you about the author: Boring Aristotlean Brit with directionless anger against the modern world and his flaccidness against realpolitik with a strong hatred for art and a love for self- help and obedience.
>>
>>8310304
This.
It's really a perfect society.
>>
>>8310304
And if you don't like either of those options?
>>
>>8310643
You can't always get what you want.
>>
>>8310304
But you would still be fucked up with conditioning. Even the Alphas were contioned do either you are one of the world leaders or you are not truly free of the society.
>>
If you're terrified of the dystopia in BNW, try to live as meager as possible. Take up asceticism.
I've been wanting to take a vow of poverty myself
>>
>>8310219
Where's the diagram from? It seems relevant to my interests.
>>
>>8310505
>It's really a perfect society.
>You can't always get what you want.
>>
>>8310219
Fuck that. You know what's really scary? New Chronology. Even if you don't buy into any of it saying that Fomenko's claims are absolutely baseless is pretty much impossible.

Do YOU PERSONALLY understand carbon-dating? Could you replicate the process if you wanted to?

How would you know the difference between a document that's 400 years old and one that's 1500 years old?
>>
>>8310822
No because you could go live in Iceland which is where people with higher ambition go to study art and science
>>
>>8311230
Well you can only ever get what you want because you are expressly bred to be perpetually content
>>
>>8311316
Then how come the main characters aren't content?
>>
File: huxley-vs-orwell.jpg (597KB, 1328x2380px) Image search: [Google]
huxley-vs-orwell.jpg
597KB, 1328x2380px
>>8310219
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.