[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 Kings 2:23-25 >Elisha Is Jeered >23 From there Elisha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lel.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
2 Kings 2:23-25

>Elisha Is Jeered
>23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

What did he mean by this?
>>
God is not great.
>>
It's not metaphor.
>>
>>8308012
Some kids were mean to him and he wrote a fan fiction about them being mauled by bears.

There's some interesting shit in the Bible but there's also a fair amount of this shit too.
>>
>>8308042
You think the Israelites didn't slaughter the philistines, I mean, the details sure, but it's been normal up till now, obviously it's just trippy that that shit was regular, while most people seem to be unable to imagine a situation like that as reality.
>>
Don't fuck with God’s prophet? they're plenty of Commentaries to explain this shit to you..
>>
>>8308052
they get involved sometimes though, so that's forgiven.
>>
>>8308012
Elisha's a little bitch.
>>
>>8308012
You gotta understand the biblical context; Elisha is without family and land, wandering bald, ugly, and alone. To tribal society, he is an outcast. To not have a flock or a field or a family would be to not have purpose. But his mission from God overturns this, and the bears (representing nature/phusis/ontological reality) devour the boys (representing herd mentality/ressentiment/social expectations) because he no longer needs to conform to what normal people would expect is the proper life.
>>
>>8308179
I do see it, that his integrity given by god overrides the social norms of the time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.