[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've been reading too much fiction lately and wanted some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: dmt.jpg (57KB, 331x499px) Image search: [Google]
dmt.jpg
57KB, 331x499px
i've been reading too much fiction lately and wanted some nonfiction. so what is your most highly recommended nonfiction?
>>
Tao Te Ching
>>
>>8307186
The Intelligent Investor
>>
They have a board for that, it's at /his/

Not that anyone cares, or indeed knows what "literature" means (it doesn't mean "books")

Anyway, I just finished with Grayling's "Among the Dead Cities" and can't recommend it enough. It can be a bit preachy (and he does compare the bombing of Dresden, morally, with 9/11 so prepare yourself for a few "wew mate" moments) but it's extremely well-researched and worth it alone for the analysis of the RAF bomber command's rationale behind Hamburg and the Pacific theatre discussion.
>>
File: rolleyes.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
rolleyes.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>8307251
>implying history & humanities is the only type of nonfiction
>implying anyone cares about the difference between literature and books
>>
>>8307251
Which Pacific theatre are we talking about?
>>
>>8307280
>>implying history & humanities is the only type of nonfiction
99.999% of Books can be divided into two categories: fiction and non-fiction. Fiction is literature. Non-fiction is non-literature. This should be as plain as day to anyone with a 3rd grade education.

While it is arguable that non-fiction can be about any topic (and therefore be discussed on any board), your OP image about "le drug mysticism" fits in better in /his/ than any other board (/sci/ would laugh you away, and start talking about other shit or abandon the thread) - even more so because /his/ is a board that was literally created as a containment board for all the history and philosophy discussion threads on /lit/, to keep /lit/ focused on literature.

>>implying anyone cares about the difference between literature and books
I conceded this when I said "Not that anyone cares, or indeed knows" so you're wrong again, Dwayne.

>>8307300
Obviously kabuki plays you fucknugget
>>
Black Lamb and Grey Falcon is amazing. Worthwhile for those interested in fiction and nonfiction.
>>
>>8307186

The Hero with a Thousand Faces - Joseph Campbell
The Golden Bough - JG Frazer
Collected works of Carl Jung
The Ever-present Origin - Jean Gebser
>>
File: lol.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>8307345
>implying im op
>>
>>8307345
I have found no such definition for the word "literature" and have never heard of such a definition either. Countless nonfiction works are most definitely literature.
>>
>>8307345
>/lit/ is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction)

try reading the fucking sticky before acting like some know it all faggot
>>
>>8307251
checked out the synopsis, i think ill pick it up. thanks
>>
>>8307345
read the rules faggot
>>
MIT Encyclopedia Of The Cognitive Sciences
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.