[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read Nietzsche's works but I don't know German,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: retratoniet.gif (1MB, 1274x955px) Image search: [Google]
retratoniet.gif
1MB, 1274x955px
I want to read Nietzsche's works but I don't know German, so I will read the translations. Does /lit/ approve this?
>>
Yes, if you go Kaufman's.

If you're feeling unlazy enough to learn another language, I recommend Mandarin Chinese (the way they form their words with their letters is fascinating (Chineasy))

Feck the Greeks
>>
Kaufmann
>>
nietzsche is so universally correct that you can read it in any language and still understand it, even if you don't speak that language
>>
>worrying about the validation of losers on the internet
>not just reading a translation, which is fine
> not spending time learning german

just fucking grow a pair already
>>
>>8307185

In Human, All Too Human, Nietzsche himself (remember he was a trained philologist, that is, translator and interpreter of ancient languages) says:

"It is neither the best nor the worst in a book that is untranslatable in it".
>>
>>8307375
ok there Hans ab-doul Achmedinejab
>>
>>8307460
fag
>>
i read beyond good and evil and it was complete trash. waste of time and money
>>
>>8307466

That is like one of the last works of Nietzsche you should read. If that's where you started no wonder.
>>
>>8307465
F u

t. Red-blooded American with Scottish/German/english ancestry
>>
>>8307472
*forgot the pic (hella redpilled innit)
>>
>>8307185
No but if you read the French translation the Nietzsch himself would approve.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.