[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I realistically become a good writer in 10 years of consistent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468368125626.png (223KB, 836x694px) Image search: [Google]
1468368125626.png
223KB, 836x694px
can I realistically become a good writer in 10 years of consistent writing? does the 10 000 hours rule apply to literature?
>>
>>8307073
It matters not what you say if no men have ears to hear it.

That is to say there is nothing guaranteeing you will become a good writer. You may be able to become a writer that sells books, but in literature, the reader requires a refined eye to pick out the gems from the mud.
>>
>>8307073
What does being a good writer mean to you? What is it you are trying to learn? Is writing a skill? What would you even write about? What is it that makes you want to write, or be a good writer?
>>
>>8307073
>the 10 000 hours rule
bullshit
>>
>>8307073
watch more ted talks
>>
>>8308091
>>8308089
the 10 000 hour rule is present in ancient times it is not a modern thing at all and it isn't bullshit
>>
>>8308117
>the 10 000 hour rule is present in ancient times
show us the source
>>
>>8308117
t. Malcolm "we can built a better society if the poor renounce to their rights" Gladwell
>>
You could enroll in an overpriced, creative writing course. That's bound to work
>>
>>8308117
>>8308127
Interesting. Your mention of Gladwell made me check the source of the rule. I thought it was just popular-culture.
I liked his book Blink.
>>
Buy my self-help book anon :)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.