[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the /lit/ equivalent of this? Something that features

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

What is the /lit/ equivalent of this? Something that features dry and absurdist humour.
>>
>>8305514
My life
>>
>>8305514
My first thought was Terry Pratchett desu
>>
>>8305739
Whoa now, Monty Python is better than that show some respect.

>>8305514
Probably nothing OP. Books can be humorous, like Catch-22 or Confederacy of Dunces, but for real, true comedy you need the human voice and mannerisms. Printed comedy can never reach the level of performers.
>>
Douglas Adams. He was also good friends with MP and I believe helped write an episode or something. Also helped write for doctor who.
>>
At Swim-Two-Birds.
>>
>>8305514
Catch 22
>>
>>8305770
I actually prefer Terry Pratchett to Monty Python
>>
>>8305514
I'd say Rejtő but the translations suck. Maybe Christopher Moore?
>>
>>8305514
As You Like it
>>
Beckett.
>>
PG Wodehouse, Saki
>>
>>8306312
reddit
>>
Tom Sharpe?
>>
>>8305514
Don Quixote
>>
>>8306315
This.
>>
>>8305514
P G Wodehouse, Tom Sharpe, Evelyn Waugh for style.

The Holy Grail is literally Don Quixote but less funny and with a whole lot less to say about life and humanity.
>>
>>8306374
Have you even seen Life of Brian or Meaning of Life?
>>
>>8307657
/thread
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>8306691
Tumblr
>>
>>8307657
>comparing tasteless thrash to Don Quixote
>>
I always though Christopher Buckley was really funny and sarcastic
>>
It's really hard to nail the delivery on a joke in print.
>>
>>8309903
Kys
>>
PG Wodehouse as others have said. Also early Dickens would strike your fancy. Douglas Adams as well, though thou shall not speaketh of that name in these parts. And i agree with the Don Quixote recommendation, grown men playing make-believe and going on adventures, gotta love it!
>>
once again Don Quixote is the ONLY correct answer here. the book is nonstop bantz and humor.
>>
Some of Pynchon's humor reminds me of Monty Python, Specifically Benny from V.
Shakespeare as well in his funnier moments.
>>
>>8305514
the once and future king. Pellinore and the questing beast. grummore dressing up as the beast. the unicorn scene. piggy. lancelot. Pellinore and grummore fighting. it's literally the quest for the holy grail.
>>
File: sewer gas and electric ruff.jpg (29KB, 260x419px) Image search: [Google]
sewer gas and electric ruff.jpg
29KB, 260x419px
>>8305514
Sewer, Gas, and Electric by Matt Ruff is the droid you are looking for
>>
The Napoleon of Notting Hill, by G.K. Chesterton.

It's a about an idiot man obsessed with medievalerie, made king in a futuristic dystopian London where people are so indifferent to politics they elect their leaders at random.
>>
>>8310528
>praise from pynchon on the cover
already /lit/-approved by that metric
>>
>>8306312
Pls leave, Reddit.
>>
>>8310630
Pls medicate, autist.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.