[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to properly "express" the concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1433125918052_1_.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1433125918052_1_.gif
957KB, 500x418px
What is the best way to properly "express" the concept of immortality? What would be a general feel after years, centuries of being alive? The few that come to mind would be the boredom, seeing those you love age and die around you and the feelings that would bring, a sense of apathy which would be express through reckless behavior, and those are the only ones I can think of atm. Any other, specifically negative ones? I plan on constructing a narrative concerning an ambitious character who makes a deal with a manipulative deity, granting the mortal immortality. I understand the biggest negative would be the price the protag would have to pay nearing the end of his deal (which would throw him into an endless void of nightmarish, distorted creations beyond human understanding), but I require a few more that would be more prevalent. Pic unrelated btw, and thanks for the help.
>>
>>8304103
I think extreme apathy after being jaded by decades/centuries of extreme hedonism and extreme torture. There could be a wise/zen aspect to his extreme apathy as well. That kind of feeling you get after you've beaten/done everything in a free roam video game like GTA Vice City or San Andreas and there's like nothing to do, something extreme like stealing a fucking tank from a military base and terrorizing the city is underwhelming for you (in the videogame). I guess that's the general mood in the game.
>>
You have to consider aspects such as aging. Will the immortal man continue to age for eternity and be a husk of a vegetable in a couple of centuries while still techincally being alive? Or will he stop aging all together and be in the prime of his life for all eternity?

A truly immortal man would with time transcend humanity and enter godhood.
>>
>>8304103
Tuck Everlasting (it's middle grade fiction, deal with it) does a good job with this.
>>
>>8304103
>I plan on constructing a narrative concerning an ambitious character who makes a deal with a manipulative deity, granting the mortal immortality.

Aha... a Faustian bargain, if you will. Anon is so original.
>>
I think Borges's "The Immortal" in The Aleph would be an interesting read for you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.