[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I understand that this board is essentially worthless for constructive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1468588837603.jpg (182KB, 1308x1636px) Image search: [Google]
1468588837603.jpg
182KB, 1308x1636px
I understand that this board is essentially worthless for constructive discussion or learning, but as the rest of the internet is at least doubly so, i thought i'd ask;

I'm interested in reading nietzsche, but would like some recommendations before starting. As it seems his education and turns of phrase are a little obtuse to someone without a university level education.

However, by all means, feel free to continue your un-examined shitposting about fifty shades of grey.
>>
>>8303933
You're so blatantly a newfag and your patronising tone is so misguided as to the realities of this shitty board that you should honestly kill yourself because with that narcissism its no wonder youre unhappy in life and looking on fucking 4chan to learn how to get started with nietzsche
>>
>>8303933
he's easy to read and if you cant understand him you're a bonehead. start with birth of tragedy and genealogy of morals.
>>
>>8303933
You're clearly either a neckbeard from /pol/ or a teenager from /b/ so maybe you should stick to the wiki summaries
>>
>>8303933
Start with meinkampf I heard thats pretty good
>>
I see this board is the joke I thought it was.
>>
>>8303945
Agreed with this poster. Finny picture btw, OP. Did you save it and wait for the best time to use it? Kill yourself
>>
>>8304003
And because I ironically pity you, OP

Pictured, and get Beyond Good & Evil full copy when you get to the excerpts in Portable, and also get at lease Geneaology after that
>>
>>8303933
Plato
>>
>>8303933
>recommendations

At a bare minimum you should read these:

Plato- Republic, Euthyphro

Aristotle- Nichomachean Ethics, Poetics

Sophocles

Aeschylus

St. Augustine- Confessions (reading City of God for a better understanding of Christian ethics would be helpful as well)

Spinoza- Ethics

Schopenhauer- The World as Will and Representation

Kant- Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals

Obviously you'll need to read numerous other works to familiarize yourself with the likes of these philosophers as well, but I don't feel like wasting my time writing them all out when I don't foresee you actually reading them. You just want to impress your moron buddies with how deep you are, right?
>>
>>8304122
Is all of that REALLY necessary? Outside of some Greek/modern/etc? We have the Internet now, so it makes it pretty easy to google his references as you get to them (so you can look up what he means in his 2 or so references to St Augustine without having to read his whole, gadamn catalog or whatever)

If youre a decent-enough thinker OP (youre not), you could probably get by with whatever philosophical backings you read before him, if you're enough of a cow-reader that can digest and not gloss over sentences
>>
File: 9a6.jpg (54KB, 680x467px) Image search: [Google]
9a6.jpg
54KB, 680x467px
>>8304122
>You just want to impress your moron buddies with how deep you are, right?

Actually i find myself with a good 7 months of free time before the move to another country, and wanted to tackle some books i've always wanted to read but never had the time.

Appreciate it.

I've read most of those, though.

Except kant.

Really couldn't stomach it.

>>8304130
>If youre a decent-enough thinker OP (youre not)
What gave you that impression, anon.
>>
>>8304261
Because you think Nietzsche is hard without college education. Most people understand his core ideas in High School
>>
File: 1372032057696.jpg (22KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1372032057696.jpg
22KB, 432x288px
>>8304278
>Because you think Nietzsche is hard without college education.

No, i feel that to fully appreciate a philosophy it requires more than shitposting on /lit/ and skimming wikipedia articles.
>>
>>8304286
WELL I ALREADY GAVE YOU THE CORRECT ORDER WITH THE PORTABLE NIETZSCHE PICTURE YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCKING SHIT FAGGOT. GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BOARD AND ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO READ. HOPEFULLY YOULL DIE SOON IN A FIERY ACCIDENT, BECAUSE THIS BOARD DOESNT NEED ANY NEWFAGGOTS LIKE YOU IN IT, LET ALONE THIS WORLD
>>
>>8304295
If you consider this humour, i can assure you that it's not.
>>
>>8304286
You're not offending me in the slightest, your projecting is a sad mean to mask your own ignorance. If you really want to understand Philosophy you need to start with the Greeks. There are no shortcuts. Perhaps you will learn to be humble in the way.
Free hint: Note down every reference Homer makes to the ocean/sea, and go read Thales of Miletus straight after the Odissey
>>
>>8304298
Humor?
>>
File: 1466567832770.jpg (17KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1466567832770.jpg
17KB, 231x244px
>>8304300
>Start with the greeks.

This board is truly beyond redemption.
>>
>>8304307
It's impossible to understand Descartes without reading Plato and Aristotle in the bare minimum

I know you're baiting but I don't care, I'm providing good advice and you're just "merely pretending" to be retarded
>>
>>8304300
Catch up before recommending me philosophy, charlatan

>>8304307
Plato was right in The Republic; they shouldve purged all of their degenerate poems and books after modern/continental/analytical/post-modern/pragmatism/etc philosophies got done with them
>>
File: 1469023577895.png (495KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1469023577895.png
495KB, 459x612px
>>8304318
>Catching up
>With a guy that can't get Nietzsche
>>
>>8303933
who asks someone for something whilst simultaneously insulting them? /lit/ is usually less harsh when it comes to giving recommendations (compared to other boards), but your attitude is just plain autistic man. Whatever happened to asking nicely? Do you talk shit to the cashier when you ask them to bag your groceries? Jesus, I know this is 4chan, but I'd assume most people have the basic social skills to understand how to request for something without sounding like an absolute douche
>>
>>8304332
If i call a group of people stupid, and you think i'm talking to you, chances are you're an idiot.
>>
>>8304397
I dont think it's as much the "being singled out" bit as it is the fact that you sound like an inherently shitty person
>>
>>8303933
This post reeks of 16 year old. Go outside and have fun instead of wasting your youth on boring adult stuff. You'll thank me when you're older.
>>
>>8304397
If I call all men stupid, and you're a man, then I'm calling you stupid. If you call /lit/ a worthless place, then you're calling all of us posters worthless. Then you're asking us worthless posters for recommendations. What the fuck are you talking about? You sound like a typical arrogant high school outcast who doesn't know how to communicate with normal people
>>
>>8303933
lol
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.