[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this and it might already be the best book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: margarita.jpg (16KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
margarita.jpg
16KB, 225x346px
Just started this and it might already be the best book I've ever read
>>
Posting here before other shillings reply. It's indeed one of the best, read any other Soviet/Russian literature?
>>
>>8301207
I’ve read the Brothers Karamazov and it’s great. This is a lot different though.
>>
>>8301193

didn't he actually burn this book and later rewrite it?
>>
>>8301193
All right, but why do you consider this? What makes you say is the best book you ever read. You don't know how the story unfolds, for now I assume, you haven't read past Woland's Cassandra Complex in regards to Berlioz's faith, or past Ponirev's baptism in the Moscow River as a concequence to what happens to Berlioz, or haven't figured the fact that Bulgakov had the right idea when arguing that the actual story of Jesus could be in a lot of ways different than what is considered Canon, among other things.

Yes, the book is great but, don't make a hazzardous assumption until you've gone through and finished the thing.

Throwing such a vapid remark feels only as a sort of desire for validation.
>>
>>8301239
You're pathetic.
>>
>>8301239

No it doesn't, I know that energy, bursting back out into the world for a brief rest before immersing again in the gorgeous book, you want to make some sympathetic connection, rather than be in the world that can't understand.
>>
>>8301255
>Hey guyz look at what I'm reading. Am I /lit/ yet?

Christ, the others were right. /lit/ is full of pseuds.
>>
>>8301277
>>8301239
Christ...
Maybe he is comparing it to the first several pages of other books? Maybe the first scene in the book has already got his juices flowing...
Why are you so pretentious...next you'll say he needs to have actually lived in Soviet Moscow to understand Bulgakov's satire of it.
I bet you havent even read his complete bibliography to be chatting so much shit like your a professor.
>>
>>8301725
You got this all wrong.
I wasn't being pretentious.
I was merely curious about the machinasions behind OP's speculation that it may be the best book after going through a handful of pages, in the hopes that we could have a conversation. Not necessary with OP, but with other Anons that have read the book.

Another thing, who in this world uses the first pages as comparison?
Best case scenario this would work only at a stylistic level and not much else.
>>
>>8301193
You guys are missing so much by being non-finns

The finnish title is so much better and the translation is tip-top
In finnish the book is called "Saatana saapuu Moskovaan", "Satan arrives in Moscow".

When I heard the original/english title I thought it was the stupidest thing. Really, The Master and Margarita? It's so much sillier than the finnish one
>>
>>8301193

It had such a sleazy cliffhanger in the jesus crucifixion part that I dropped it. What a cheap way to generate artificial suspense.
>>
>>8301866
At least The Master and Margarita is bit more ambiguous.

>>8301239
Dude you could have used spoilers for the guy!

I greatly enjoyed it. I really need to read it again desu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.