[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else like the thought of reading and buying books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 8e6.jpg (120KB, 1012x712px) Image search: [Google]
8e6.jpg
120KB, 1012x712px
>>
>>8300976
yes and I've come to the conclusion that it is a mental illness of some sort
>>
Some days. But I wouldn't still be here if I didn't, on occasion, think books were mightily enjoyable and enchanting
>>
>>8300982
It's a mental illness called "human". Don't think; just do. Whatever you're thinking about reading, sit down and read one page right now
>>
>>8300976
I have over 50 books on my book shelf and I have read 2 of them, and no that's not a lie, I just like having stuff at hand for when I have the fancy to read it.
>>
There's a lot of books I want to buy so I can someday read, and there are books I already have I want to buy again because of a really fancy hardback for the decor.

It's the malady of the wealthy to be frivolous.
>>
I always like hunting for used books at bargain prices and coming home with new finds or just stuff from my reading list.

I like reading only when the book is good, meaning for whatever reason I can't put it down.

I'm a materialist consumer husk. Please fuck my mouth and deposit all your cumz.
>>
>>8301038
>Please fuck my mouth and deposit all your cumz.
your wish is my command anon.
>>
>>8300976
I used too but then I actually started reading.
>>
>>8301024
same, I buy all the classics and everything, think i have read like 3 of them...yet i keep buying more every week
>>
What is wrong with you people? I have a big collection of books, including many that I haven't read but I don't constantly pile more books on. I only buy more books if I know I'll be reading them within the next month and I treat the rest like a rental video store. As in you look over the selection you have seen every weekend for the last 4 years somehow thinking something new will pop out at you that hasn't before, but then picking something because you have to and it turns you to be great.
>>
>>8300976
Yes. That's how book stores work. A book store isn't just selling you a physical book, it's selling you the free time you want to read it and the knowledge you desire from it that your mind associates with the act of reading.
>>
only because I have ADHD
I actually really like reading, it's just tough.
>>
>>8300982
I do.
>>
>>8300976

I think it's a natural modern instinct to experience the joys of shopping from a great selection of something you enjoy. Capitalism has formed around this.

It sits very close to our ancient instincts of hunting and gathering, we enjoy the process of looking for something. Of searching for gold, searching for prey, etc. Sometimes with a specific item in mind or sometimes looking for not much at all.
>>
>>8301033
you seem like you're a really a fedora connoisseur, especially that last line
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.