[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /lit/, let's all welcome our new friends from imgur!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: newfriends!!!.png (868KB, 691x982px) Image search: [Google]
newfriends!!!.png
868KB, 691x982px
hey /lit/, let's all welcome our new friends from imgur!

tfw it's happening again
>>
>recycling content that already ruined /lit/ 9 months ago

So will /lit/ get worse, or have we already reached a maximum threshold of cancer?
>>
File: 1428209087679.gif (136KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428209087679.gif
136KB, 480x480px
WHY IS IT THE 2014 LIST AGAIN AND NOT 2015?!

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT THEY'RE ALL GOING TO COME HERE TRYING TO MAKE A NEW CHART THREE TIMES A DAY FUCK
>>
>>8299901
>>8299919
>implying it's not the frogpeople who have ruined this board
>>
>>8299901
>Dune
>The Hobbit
>The Silmarillion

Some of these things are not like the others.
>>
realistically, how many of these people will actually visit /lit/? I remember the last time this list was posted on imgur it got an absurd number of views - something like 800k. Even if 1% of that 800k decided to visit /lit/, that would still be 80 thousand newfaggots. A truly horrifying thought.

I'm not the biggest fan of boogeymen scapegoating, but it would honestly explain the decline in post quality.
>>
>>8299959

>1% of 800K is 80 thousand.

Wew lad.
>>
>>8299959
Pick out 10 good threads from the entire catalog right now.
>>
>>8299901
after the mass exodus of redditors, the summer cross-posters and the tumblrinas(how did they even get here) I honestly have given up hope of this place being at least somewhat digestible.
A lot of oldfags have left and it's encouraging me to do the same.

My experience on /lit/ has gone from learning new things to teaching people things and that's enough to measure a shift in its role in my life.

I just want to fucking talk about books without the goddamn ball-fondling of Reddit or the shitty behaviour regulation of tumblr. I don't care that you guys are racist or sexist or assholes to plebs. you have obscure taste and jarring opinions and that used to be so refreshing. Now we spend all of out time shitposting and explaining ourselves to newfags. I just want to talk about books.
>>
File: 1467082786393.png (168KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
1467082786393.png
168KB, 727x682px
>>8299925
i eben god skol and u stil treed me lik dis?
>>
Why is The Stranger so high on these lists? It was a solid 6.5/10
>>
>>8299969
8k my bad
>>
>>8299982
there is always 8ch
>>
How do we get rif of these plebs? Do we sage every thread until they eventually leave? Do we scare them off by posting trump memes in every thread? There is gotta be a way, man.
>>
>>8300068
i have bad news for you...
>>
what are some good book forums/communities?
>>
>>8299901
>Crime and Punishment

Should I stop reading this? I'm only on page 100. I started before seeing this list
>>
>>8300094
>should I stop reading Dosto to read something more lit approved
yes you should stop.
not because of the list but because you can't read after killing yourself, which you should also do.
>>
It's hard to say if the quality had gone down much since the first imgur post. The memes just change. I doubt many people stay and become regular members. Most people prefer a little more structure, a little more censorship because it's easier to manage and keep track of things, and harder to get offended.

I wouldn't worry about it much. The people that stay are the ones who will, over time, become quality /lit/ posters. >>8299982
Like this guy who went from student to teacher. He seems to think it's a result of oldfags leaving causing this shift rather than an increase in knowledge and ability. I know I have become a better, more well read member since I first came here.

And remember, quality shitposting is done by the most erudite among us. And the best bait comes from genuine noobs.
>>
File: US20100101181A1-20100429-D00000.png (28KB, 924x1194px) Image search: [Google]
US20100101181A1-20100429-D00000.png
28KB, 924x1194px
>>8300100
you think its wrong to not want to align myself with a group which could compile the above shitshow? you're blind to social dynamics if you think i'm gonna be caught dead reading or knowing about the contents of any book featured in that list.
>>
>>8299982
Tumblr allows anything that isn't literally illegal to host

You just gotta find a tumblr clique that's not super "Tumblr" who won't bring up irrelevant bullshit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.