[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that not using a nom de plume is attention-seeking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1359800284601.jpg (36KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1359800284601.jpg
36KB, 500x356px
Daily reminder that not using a nom de plume is attention-seeking narcissism and equivalent to tripfagging on 4chan.
You're not going to be a real life tripfag, are you Anon?

>muh attention
>muh fame
>muh "i'll show my high school bullies"
Fucking pathetic, mates.
>>
I agree with this and will take it a step further:
Anyone who refers to him or herself as a writer or author is an egotistical hack.
>>
I mean, yeah, the ego gets involved. You can either make music like the album Golem by Wand, or you can make music like Abbey Road by The Beatles. Yes - one sacrifices some artistry, but let's get fucking real here. Do you want to be read or not?
>>
>>8299647

anglo-american empiricism has so thoroughly poisoned all aspects of life such that today even the most self-absorbed of the artists, the writer, for whom the task is to render on the page a piece of his soul, is expected to minimize the allegedly contaminating affects of his ego and subjectivity.
>>
Caring that much is sad. Please, have the elegance of being self absorbed in silence and away from any keyboard
>>
File: 1464542154511.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464542154511.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>8299647
Anybody that cares what others think of them to the point of namefagging on an anonymous imageboard is a shitstain.
I need more ego death. Recently ive found myself showing off for others in everyday life.
ree
>>
File: 1464488679364.png (338KB, 540x873px) Image search: [Google]
1464488679364.png
338KB, 540x873px
>>8299647
Has anyone read the Death of the Author by Barthes?

Basically the idea is that once a person identity is revealed, then people can examine that persons life and draw connection to their body of work. According to Barthes, this simplifies the span of possible interpretations and, in turn, the intellectual and humanistic value a work can have.

But if a work is written by someone who is anonymous, then that work exists in a value, making it impossible to attack personal, real-word events to the narrative.

For example, look at what we can say of the Sun Also Rises. We know that it's basically Hemingways memoir. Thus, the themes of masculinity, sexual frustration, and the kind of rebellion keen to the lost generation all become more prominent. We know what Hemingway was like. We know that his mother dressed him up like a girl when he was young and spent his whole life overcompensating for it.

Then look at Shakespeare. I'm not trying to say Hemingway is equal to Shakespeare in terms of literary merit, but we know nearly nothing about Shakespeare as far as his personal life goes. One can say Hamlet was inspired by the death of his son, but anything beyond that is speculation. Imagine if we had a detailed account of Shakespeares personal life. What if we could trace the famous scenes in King Lear back to his relationship with his daughter, or the relationship between his sisters and father. Simply each one of his plays down to a specific event in his life. Our field of interpretation would be much more limited. Don't you think that would decrease, if not substantially alter, his literary reputation? Shakespeare is considered by many to be the greatest English writer of all time. Would that still be the case if we had a complete and accurate idea of his life? I'd guess that he would still be renowned, but i'd also guess that it's be easier to place writers like Joyce or Blake up beside him. Do you think it's a coincidence that the person we consider the greatest of all time is one we can say so little about?
>>
>>8299975

I have it on good authority that Shakespeare was a west African lesbian.
>>
>>8299975
>But if a work is written by someone who is anonymous, then that work exists in a value, making it impossible to attack personal, real-word events to the narrative.

But if a work is written by someone who is anonymous, then that work exists in a vacuum, making it impossible to attach personal, real-word events to the narrative.

>Simply each one of his plays down to a specific event in his life.

Simplify each one of his plays down to a specific event in his life.
>>
>>8299983
He was the Earle of Oxford, faggot
>>
>>8299983
>>8299988
>implying he wasn't just Bacon in a wig
>>
>>8299908
What is the problem exactly?
>>
>Anonymous forum defends the relevance of anonymity
I see where all of you are coming from, therefore your opinion is worthless
>>
>>8299908
We need only replace the author with an automaton to produce truly pure literature. How can humans even compete?
>>
>>8299975
>is there a difference between knowing and not knowing information
yes and no
>>
File: 552469.png (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
552469.png
68KB, 700x700px
>>8299908
This. If society, culture or the age want my stuff so much, they can come and take it, if they can.
>>
the greatest artists of all time were all self important assholes who wanted attention

prove me wrong
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.