[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comm ents/4teozs/have_you_eve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: plebs.png (587KB, 517x459px) Image search: [Google]
plebs.png
587KB, 517x459px
https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/4teozs/have_you_ever_had_to_stop_reading_a_novel_because/?st=iqtd8ga5&sh=6b8345b0

>they post LoTR and Harry Potter
>>
File: k1qrgz.png (6KB, 622x70px)
k1qrgz.png
6KB, 622x70px
>I don't get it therefore it's shit
>>
Someone also posted 50 Shades of Grey. I REALLY hope they were joking, but knowing Reddit it could be true.
>>
>>8296818
There are myriad identical posts on /lit/

I don't understand what it is with you kids that you are so fascinated with reddit.
>>
>>8296826
Everyone on /lit/ crossposts on /r/books but pretend they don't.
>>
>>8296818
Funny how so many people form this convenient opinion when faced with evidence they are retarded
>>
>>8296834
I don't

no but really how can anyone discuss books on /r/books? /lit/ is total shit but /r/books is an order of magnitude worse. it's actaully even worse than discussing books IRL with normies
>>
>>8296811
Stop shitting up this board with this shit, you boring faggot
>>
>>8296834
>posting on reddit
>ever
It's horrible. Namefagging in general is horrible, carma is horrible, having ladder threads instead of linear ones is revolting. I would better be stuck in /b/ for all eternity than come to reddit.
>>
>>8296826
because we're trolling. /r/books is serious.
>>
>>8296848
>no but really how can anyone discuss books on /r/books?

You can discuss Discworld, 1984 and Neil Gaiman until your eyes bleed.
>>
>>8296811
This obsession with reddit must stop.
>>
File: 1468877922089.jpg (25KB, 215x285px) Image search: [Google]
1468877922089.jpg
25KB, 215x285px
>>8296818
>My theory has evolved
>>
>>8296969
but how else can we assert our superior patricianship?
>>
>>8297007
Terrible sentence
>>
>>8297060
At least it's a complete sentence.
>>
This is why the board must start self-moderating again. The plebs must be kept out or contained in their retard fantasy general.

For fuck's sake someone was trying to talk about a King novel and got upset at me for telling him to go the general. "Nuh uh I can post where I want." Do you really want these kind of faggots here?
>>
>>8297138

op is trying to smoke out reddits with this bait. he tried it a bit before.

op get better bait material for threads already. entertain me bitch.
>>
WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING 'FINNEGAN'S WAKE?' IT'S 'FINNEGANS'.
>>
>>8296899
this

I can't even pass judgement on the content of reddit because the site layout is S H I T, it's actually disgusting and the biggest flaw the site could have, for all I know, reddit could be a perpetual quality talk source, frequented by authors, academics and genuine fans of literature, I would still come to /lit/ because I can actually follow the threads
>>
>>8296834

I crosspost on /r/literature and /r/askliterarystudies, but /r/books is an utter hellhole.
>>
At least one person in that thread didn't sound like a complete fucking moron.
>>
How do people even use this website? The interface is worse than 4chan
Fuck, I had to scroll for 20 minutes to get past all the posts explaining how they abbreviate the names to get to the nickname sasha, fuck
It was explained 150 times just READ THE FUCKING previous posts
>>
>>8297398
they repeat the same shit for upboats
>>
File: reduly.jpg (50KB, 997x109px) Image search: [Google]
reduly.jpg
50KB, 997x109px
>even though I'm an english major, I fucking hate this work of literature that masterfully uses the language I studied, because I just don't get it
>>
>>8296834
I never go to reddit
I discovered reddit because of 4 chan constantly mentioning that website. Visited it, and disliked the posting structure.

I also think /lit/ is used by a small minority of the people who browse 4chan and have literature as a hobby.
>>
>>8296811
>he cares about what plebs think
>he has the time to rant about the plebs opinion
>>
>>8296818
He did write a lot of garbage though.
/lit/ never goes beyond his mainstream books, but his short stories are supreme shit
>>
>>8298718
It seems like plenty of English majors are just as plebby as the rest of people. I often hear on /lit/ about English majors being horrified that their classmates still think Harry Potter is the best book ever written, and I know a recent English degree recipient who has never read Dante and doesn't know anything about Joyce's position in literary history.
>>
>>8296921

>jokes on you I'm just pretending to be retarded

Whatever helps you continue to feel smug and condescending anon.
>>
>>8298931
Are you ill? Dubliners is incredible.
>>
>same books that get posted here

wow we sure are better than them
>>
>>8299136
>undergraduates
>knowing anything about anything
>>
>>8299185
He was talking about pynchon, I think, or at least was replying to a screenshot about him.
>>
File: Disgusting.png (74KB, 892x772px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
74KB, 892x772px
>>
>>8299580
jesus fucking christ, how can people be this stupid? I wonder how far they even made it into the book
>>
>>8296834
Not me. Why would I shitpost with plebs there when I can shitpost with patricians here?
>>
>>8299718
/lit/ is also populated by plebs. It's just so easy to pretend to be patrician if you lurk for a little while.
>>
File: 1458767116932.jpg (12KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
1458767116932.jpg
12KB, 367x202px
>>8299580
FUUUUUUUU
>>
>>8296811
why do we have these threads so often? are you proud that you visit reddit? its like bizzaro world r/4chan

i couldnt give less of a fuck as to what dumbass redditors are up to
>>
I lurk reddit and it's insane how many times I've seen threads from the front page regurgitated on this site without anyone noticing. And y'all respond to those threads as if they are normal /lit/ threads. So, logically, if Reddit threads pass as OC /lit/ threads consistently, there is no difference between the sites.

/lit/ and r/books are equally retarded.
>>
>>8300119
proofs?
>>
>>8300187
Proof: I'm retarded.
>>
>>8296811
>Naked Lunch. Brought the book on a beach trip and it was anything but a relaxing read.

>I was upset I couldn't get through it and struggled for a couple days and then realized I was reading the ramblings of drug addict.

What a normie thing to say, not having even the slightest empathy or understanding for the thought process of someone in a different mental state than them.
>>
>>8299299
>pynchon is bad because he wasn't an incredible author straight out of the womb
Gibe the guy a break, you have to start somewhere
>>
>>8300244
>Brought the book on a beach trip and it was anything but a relaxing read.
Why would anyone expect that from fucking Naked Lunch of all things
>>
>>8300307
Because plebs think all books are supposed to be chill YA shit.
>>
>>8299687
>>8299990
How are they wrong?
>>
>>8300343
I get that, but do these people just walk into a bookstore and close their eyes and buy the first thing they grab without doing at least enough research to know the very basics about it?
>>
>>8297157
People use the plug in Reddit Enhancement Suite or RES, which makes it more appealing and easier to keep tabs on than /lit/.
>>
>>8300432
Yes, consumerism lad.
>>
>>8299136
>>8298718
If they were smart they wouldn't have become English majors.

Thoughts?
>>
>>8299136
humanities 2016 = diploma mills
don't tell anyone
>>
>>8296811
a hundred years of solitude and ulysses and a brief history of time are the only legitimate entries there.

although a hundred years is pretty enjoyable, just sometimes easy to confuse the characters
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.