[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make friends who read but aren't epic Barnes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: friends reading.jpg (163KB, 508x339px) Image search: [Google]
friends reading.jpg
163KB, 508x339px
How do I make friends who read but aren't epic Barnes and Noble normies
>>
>>8289845
Find the ugly ones
>>
>>8289845
Go to graduate school for literature, go to literary conferences, find your local independent publisher and attend the readings that are held there.
>>
a /lit/ meetup. which will never happen. so just read and stop giving shit.
>>
>>8289845
Join book clubs I guess? Take a literary class in college? That's just the beginning by the way, you'll still have to find a way to have conversation with them
>>
>>8289845
I got kicked out of my book club because I showed up on adderall 90% of the time and I was always reaching for opportunity to scold someone for being wrong. Was worth it because I'm still fwb with one of the girls
>>
>have solitary hobby
>trying to find other people who share solitary hobby
Literally why? You can't meaningfully do it with them and conversations about literature aren't nearly as interesting as literature itself. Just get a hobby that's naturally social, like a sport or something.
>>
>>8290354

Writers have been bffs and chatting about literature all through history. It's not a completely closed off activity. People can discuss things, y'know.
>>
>>8290365
you know you're on /lit/ right? the average user has asperger's and has devoted a vast amount of mental energy to concocting bullshit reasons why they're better for not socializing
>>
>>8290375

>/lit/ is representative of book nerds
>4chan is representative of humanity

I bet you think DFW is only a /lit/ meme.
>>
>>8290375
Thats not even what he was talking about, he called you out for chatting BS about literature being solitary and you just changed it to deciding that all anonymous people here are autistic...
>>
>>8290400
literally not the same person as other anon, dumbass. Look at you looking or consistency on a board.

And yes DFW is a /lit/ meme. You grow out of him v quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 341x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 341x361px
>make friends
>aren't normies
>>
>>8290400
Eh I mean .... I'm not a writer but I do make visual art and have friends who do likewise and desu their company isn't really worth more than people who don't make art - I can learn just as much from someone who does something unrelated. I wasn't making excuses about being asocial; I was saying that it's a silly way to sort the people you know.
>>
lots of ppl read, not everyone attaches the fact to their identity

you are probably the normie
>>
idk, i've never met anyone who cared about literature or general artistic/intellectual stuff. i guess you probably have to go to an ivy league college or something.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.