[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can some literate person explain to me why it is considered a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: don quixote.jpg (208KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
don quixote.jpg
208KB, 1200x800px
can some literate person explain to me why it is considered a masterpiece?

i find it hard to really appreciate it.

with harder works like ulysses i realize it's my limits that compromise the reading, but i find it hard to understand why this (apparently) simple book is so loved
>>
>>8289674
Because it was written by a darkie
>>
>don quixote
>simple

Wait til you read the beginning of the second half
>>
>explain with words to an illiterate why a literary masterpiece is so

I think you expect to much of us, boy.

Ask us to draw you a picture and maybe somebody will.
>>
>>8289674

Cervantes had his ear ripped off when the earring got infected. Some say that the infection spreaded to his brains.
>>
First self-conscious novel to talk about fiction.

First novel to tackle themes like fantasy, delusion, and madness, and still one of the best at discussing those themes.

Dulcinea, ugly-yet-waifu

Sancho, one of the best characters

The cave! The cave!
>>
>>8289674

How far along are you? Really, >>8289681 is right, part II is where it goes down the rabbit hole.
>>
>>8289703
i read pretty much the whole thing, without paying much attention though
>>
>>8289722
>without paying much attention though
why are you here?
>>
>>8289737
i mean i didn't pay attention when i read it the first time, recently i started rereading it critically
>>
To any half-sensible person, joy and admiration is the natural and immediate response to reading it. It's not a matter of being literate, it's only a matter of having a heart as well as a brain.
>>
>>8289770
Why don't you wait wiht posting a thread until you've finished it then?
>>
Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are two of the greatest figures in literature
>>
How do they meet so many hotties though?
I go outside and I meet none. They go outside and they meet like 50 slammin princesses in a row
>>
>>8289796
An illiterate cannot experience what you are describing from reading.
>>
>>8289815
if someone is literate enough to read it and say "I don't get why people like this", they are literate enough to enjoy it, but not full-blooded enough. OP is not illiterate, and more literacy won't teach him how to think and feel like a man.
>>
>>8289674
Usually, people who read books are rather idealistic than pragmatic and tend to dream of a better world. That's why Don Quixote hits them so close to home. He is hugely relatable, not just for intellectuals but for any person, really.
In the older day they had chivalric romances, now we have so much more: tv, action and superhero movies, anime, vidya. Try to think of every obese neckbeard who hugs his waifu pillow while handling his katana as a Don Quixote, then see how much you appreciate the book.
>>
>>8289831
Thanks for admitting that literacy is a factor.
>>
>>8289869
thanks for splitting hairs, dipshit
>>
>>8289878
You're the one getting into a silly debate, instead of establishing truth and moving forward.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.