[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for a challenge. Post better writing than this: "The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: unrelated image.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated image.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
Time for a challenge. Post better writing than this:

"The Brooklyn riverfront was a maze of rusty containers, sharp-boned cranes looking up from the snowstorm. On a night like this you couldn't help but think of the dark army of dead men, sleeping with the fishes, cement shoes in line. No minotaur lurked in this labyrinth, but somewhere out there, on the clanking deck of his cargo freighter, the skipper of the Charon was waiting, like the ferryman of the river Styx."

I know it'll be hard but let's see what you've got.
>>
>>8284036
Is this some crime thriller or something?
>>
Are we meant to improve upon that paragraph or find better prose which describes the Hudson?
>>
>>8284036
>No minotaur lurked in this labyrinth

Cliche and childish.
>>
>>8284036
>>8284104
Joke's on me, it's from a vidya. Delete this shit.
>>
>>8284036
>the skipper of the Charon was waiting, like the ferryman of the river Styx.
Charon IS the ferryman on the river Styx, what the fuck is this metaphor?
>>
this isn't very good
>>
IT'S PAYNE
>>
>On a night like this you couldn't help but think of the dark army of dead men, sleeping with the fishes
I do not have a anime face condescending enough for this
>>
>>8284141
Charon is also the name of the boat Max is infiltrating in this context.

>>8284104
This actually isn't wrong...
>>
>>8284236
>Charon is also the name of the boat
I gathered that, but that doesn't make it any less fucking stupid.
>>
Get. To . The . Point
>>
>>8284245
How so? The shared name is exactly why he's "like the ferryman of the river Styx."
>>
>>8284316
... no.
>>
>>8284321
Great comeback faggot, suck my dick.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.