[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with being stupid? I make stupid decisions, hesitate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: kromskoy.jpg (102KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
kromskoy.jpg
102KB, 400x601px
How do I deal with being stupid?

I make stupid decisions, hesitate and over-think then go on to give little attention where attention is needed. I boast and cling to whatever petty pride I can. Not to mention academically and socially.

I don't necessarily hate myself, I just wish I wasn't so stupid.

I feel such a degree of stupidity is hereditary and no amount of self-reflection and checking myself will help.

So should I admit defeat, and if so, how do I carry on gracefully stupid?
>>
>>8277715
trve lit person
>>
>>8277720
*punches your nosebone into your brain*

take that!
>>
>>8277715

I'm stupid too. I dunno if I could be smart if I tried because my education sucked and my parents didn't encourage me to read books or learn things growing up or anything like that, so I think my brain just grew up to be stupid. I have trouble with basic math problems, and don't know anything about how art or politics or science works.
>>
>>8277730
Have you tried improving yourself?

I have but didn't get far, reading books only game me a reason to be pretentious so I gave up
>>
>>8277730
How are you going to fix it?
>>
Get this, retards: Nobody is born knowing everything.
>>
>>8277734
>>8277736

I don't know to fix it. Books use too many hard words or sentances, and even if I manage to finish a chapter or two, I forget it immediately and get confused on the next section and don't know what's going on.
>>
>>8277739
no, but upbringing has a significant effect on ability
>>
>>8277730
>I have trouble with basic math problems
There's no such thing as being "bad at math", unless you have an actual condition called dyscalculia. If you wanna be good at math all you have to do is practice.
>don't know anything about how art or politics or science works.
Start reading..
>>
>>8277743
Its just base stats. You want to know something cool?

A very high number of successful small business owners in Americas are fucking immigrants. They got good by pure necessity, it didn't matter if they only knew wiping the shit off corn for the bulk of their lives. They did what they needed to do.
>>
>>8277741
Take notes. Also make sure you take a break every 30 or 45 minutes to allow your brain to relax and the information to sink in.
>>
>>8277747
Then how do I succeed without an immigrant's reason? I can very easily retire into a life of working menial labour, watching t.v and not worry about being stupid, but I don't want to.
>>
>>8277750

I tried that before but I never knew what I was supposed to be taking notes on. I think it
's supposed to be the most important info, but I honestly don't know what in a book is supposed to be important info.
>>
>>8277758
>I can very easily retire into a life of working menial labour, watching t.v and not worry about being stupid, but I don't want to.
So dont do it. Think about what you can do with the resources you have.
>>
>>8277741
Look up every word you don't know. Every time. When you finish a chapter or even a paragraph just ask yourself "what is going on? What is the author trying to convey?" Etc.

Some people advocate reading through a book once quickly, and then again deliberately. This is good because you won't have to focus on plot so much and you can start picking up on more subtle things.

Takes effort, but you don't have to be a genius to do these things.
>>
>>8277759
I'm sure you can find resources online to help you with that. This, for example, is the first result when you type "how to take notes while reading" on google.

http://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/notes-reading.html
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.