[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are the Homer Simpson and Frank Grimes of literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: CHANGE THE CHANNEL MARGE.jpg (123KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
CHANGE THE CHANNEL MARGE.jpg
123KB, 550x413px
Who are the Homer Simpson and Frank Grimes of literature or philosophy?
>>
>>8275028

The question is easy man, Homers are basically people who everyone loves despite them being really shitty or stupid people while Grimes are the ones who worked really hard at their masterpiece, get zero recognition and go unnoticed by the public along with their faults of pointing out how stupid the works of the Homer's of literature or philosophy are.
>>
Hemingway and Joyce
>>
>>8275053

>I don't need to make my novels coherent, because I'M JAMES JOYCE
>>
>>8275013
Homer Simpson was named after a Nathanael West character, so I guess the Homer Simpson of literature is Homer Simpson
>>
Who would DFW and Jonathan Franzen be?
>>
>>8275069

Franzen is easily Frank Grimes
>>
Hegel and Schopenhauer
>>
>>8275126
This is the only answer
>>
>>8275055
kek'd
>>
Pynchon and Gaddis
>>
File: 436346346346.jpg (148KB, 809x1024px) Image search: [Google]
436346346346.jpg
148KB, 809x1024px
Hegel and Schopenhauer
>>
>>8275126
Oh shit
>>
>>8275076
ashamed to say you actually got me for a second there :^)))
>>
Plato and the Sophists

Gorgias:
>You know there's no objective standard of morality right? And meaning is inherently indeterminate?
Plato:
>Duhhh no, I can figure out what the Good is because my Daemon told me so!!! The concept of Justice physically exists in some transcendental realm!! Now let me go write my strawman-laden Socrates fanfic about how much you suck lol xD
>>
>>8275351
lol
It's almost like Plato is trying to make Socrates sound bad towards the end.
>>
frank grimes is modernism

homer is post-modernism
>>
>>8275126
10/10 hit the nail in the head.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.