[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today while sitting in the library I asked a Chinese girl across

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Young_boy_reading_manga.jpg (660KB, 3331x2383px) Image search: [Google]
Young_boy_reading_manga.jpg
660KB, 3331x2383px
Today while sitting in the library I asked a Chinese girl across from me how long it took her to read one of the manga books she was reading. I was sitting there reading a PKD novel I had already read while waiting for my Dad to finish browsing, and this girl had been reading them one after the other, going back and forth between her chair and the manga section, and I had only been there for twenty-odd minutes. She was too absorbed in her Chinese comic book to even notice my question. I walked away, feeling a little flabbergasted. Being immersed in a book I understand, but why do Chinese (and other Asian children) read nothing but picture-based junk? There's no literary substance to what they read, and their children (also their young adults) are encouraged to read trash. Why is this? Also, why does it seem like children's literature is dumbed down nowadays? It's all image-based. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants, the list goes on. Is it not a truth that children (especially Chinese and other Asian children, particularly in N. America) are becoming progressively dumber? What does /lit/ think?
>>
It's probably a reaction to the 16 hours of studying they're forced to do every day.
>>
>>8273316
The same exact thing happened to me not long ago.
>>
Maybe she just didn't want to talk to you.
>>
>>8273316
>Why do all Chinese children read stupid shit because of this one person I saw?

Kill yourself. Having grown up in a majority Chinese socioeconomic area I can tell you the Chinese diaspora (second generation) is on average much more more well read than all their demographically counterparts, with some individuals to insane extents. I know a bloke who completed his extension 2 English course (the hardest English course assigned for 12 grade students, of which only 2% pursue) in his 10th grade and had also read the Harvard classics by then mostly on his own volition because not only did he enjoy literature but also because he had a strong sense of self discipline that even the most fervent hobbyists among the Caucasian community I've not seen
>>
>>8273336
discipline seems to be a common theme amongst Northern Asian countries. The three Asian superpowers.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.