[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm visiting a few cities across Europe soon and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Europe_countries_map_en_2.png (620KB, 1473x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Europe_countries_map_en_2.png
620KB, 1473x1198px
I'm visiting a few cities across Europe soon and I'm looking for a good book to read while I'm there. I thought about The Canterbury Tales (since it's travel-related and I'll be in Canterbury a day or so) but it's English as heck and hence won't work once I'm out of the UK. Any suggestions?
>>
please respond ;_;
>>
>>8269876
Any book will do, y'know. As long as it entertains you... Just pick up anything that you find interesting but isn't too heavy to read. If you are travelling, you'll only read while resting so keep that in mind.
>>
European romantics feature a whole bunch of dicking around in the countryside

Goethe's Wilhelm Meister (both, IIRC)
Le Grand Meaulnes
Aus dem Leben eines Taugenichts
etc.
>>
>>8269802

Not OP but I'm also going through Europe, next week I'm going to France and Spain and I was bringing some books with me considering it'll be an extended stay. I was thinking of the following since I'm limiting myself to seven books.
Infinite Jest
Life and Fate
Origin of the Species/Voyage of the Beagle
Don Quixote
Parade's End
French Lieutenant's Woman

Last choice is either going to be The Magic Mountain or Ulysses.
>>
>>8270008

Fuck it, I'll bring America by Kafka along with Skylark since they are both pretty short too.
>>
Read The Way of the World by Bouvier and regret you're going in overrated western europe shit cities that are all basically the same instead of the balkans.
>>
>>8270087
Major cities in the balkans are also basically the same from the right point of view
What a meaningless notion
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.