[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've read most of the stuff on this starter kit list but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: paradise-lost-3.jpg (268KB, 979x1210px) Image search: [Google]
paradise-lost-3.jpg
268KB, 979x1210px
I've read most of the stuff on this starter kit list but I'm new to this board, any other recommendations to add to my cart while I'm finishing it?

I like dystopian art such as BNW and 1984, and literature that messes with psychology and morals, religion, etc.

Do Androids Dream, Dante's Inferno, and Brave New World are a few of my favorites. I'm going to pick up the General Zapped An Angel as well, because I'm a big fan of neon genesis evangelion.

Any recs like these that aren't on the list would be much appreciated!
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>8240539
Moravagine by Blaise Cendrars
Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe
Teatro Grotesco by Thomas Ligotti
>>
Some works that probably fit your description (especially the morals and religion parts) are The Age of Innocence by Wharton, The Reader by Schlink, The End of the Affair by Greene, The Brief History of the Dead by Brockmeier, and A Doll's House by Ibsen. A work that I think should be on the starter kit but that I don't recall being on it is Wuthering Heights by E. Brontë.
>>
>>8240543
Post it

>>8240560
>>8240629
Awesome, thank you guys!

Should I just cop a kindle and download them or are physical copies still the way to go?

I collect records and VHS / DVDS still, so I might have to get a bookshelf for these too lol.
>>
>>8240832
I still buy physical, but I've nothing against Kindle. It's probably easier and cheaper to get my recommendations on Kindle, but I love buying physical books, so I wouldn't push you either way (I'm the Brontë anon by the way).
>>
>>8240882
Yeah, I'm definitely more of a physical copy kinda guy, I do have amazon prime though.

I'll probably just do what I do with music / film, if there's a book I really like I'll buy the physical and just get a kindle for the rest
>>
Lolita, for the messing with psychology and morals, and anything by Dostoyevsky, for the same reason as well as philosophy and religion
>>
>>8240539
You may find some interest in reading the "48 Laws of Power".
>>
>>8240984
I'm a huge Kubrick fan, I've seen Lolita the film as well as clockwork orange but never read the books for either. Would you recommend it still or is the film pretty similar?
>>
>>8241008
never seen the film, but Nabokov's style is definitely something you want to experience first-hand. For sure try it out.
>>
>>8240984
Isn't Lolita in the starter?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.